Sergio is back on centinela!

Marlin is illegal to sell?

Itā€™s an open kitchen. But I agree w/ your point. :wink:

No person shall offer for sale, sell, or have custody, control, or possession of for purposes of offering for sale or selling billfish or products containing billfish.

We went through this with Wes @ Guerrilla tacos

Perhaps off-topic, but why is it illegal (Iā€™m not in the food industry at all)?

Whoa insane. How does somewhere like Coni stay in business??

EXEMPTIONS:

(c) Exemptions for traditional fisheries and markets

(1) Subsection (a) does not apply to billfish caught by US fishing vessels and landed in the State of Hawaii or Pacific Insular Areas as defined in section 1802(35) of this title.

(2) Subsection (a) does not apply to billfish landed by foreign fishing vessels in the Pacific Insular Areas when the foreign caught billfish is exported to non-US markets or retained within Hawaii and the Pacific Insular Areas for local consumption.

1 Like

The other is on behalf of the California Fish & Wildlife, it was an old regulation put in place to protect local sport fishers if I recall correctly. Currently trying to find the exact listing of the code from the department. If you donā€™t believe me, just pull up the honolulufish.com website and check out their Marlin pages
Nairagi Sashimi - Honolulu Fish

Thanks for your further information.

I may be wrong, but I think Swordfish is/was on menus in CA and throughout the USA?

it is

Swordfish is exempted.

*source: http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/sfa/laws_policies/bca/index.html

1 Like

Not anymore.

CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED!

I charged my dinner tonight. They will add a $1.00 fee to the bill.

6 Likes

Great news. What did ya get?

1 Like

Just some marlin tacos and my gf had shrimp in garlic and butter.

I just wasnā€™t all too hungry otherwise I really wouldā€™ve gotten the snook.

Everything was quite good. I need to go back when Iā€™m really hungry.

They were empty between 6 and 7pm. I wonder if itā€™s fall out from their 2-day closure by the health department:

I wonder if Sergio has a reputation among the roach community :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never been that enamored with the cleanliness of the Marisco Chente on Inglewood or Centinela. The Coniā€™s seafood was decent. But the two MCā€™s always had filthy bathrooms that were frequently unstocked. The tables were never super clean.

And I have a high tolerance since I grew up in SGV going to a lot of hole in the wall Chinese places. I just learned to always take a pack of wipes with me whenever I ate at MC.

Life on planet Earthā€¦

1 Like