Sergio’s home: 106 seafood underground

wow! looks like a wonderful time.

4 Likes

I know Sergio is famous for his snook but his SHRIMP dishes look so good.

4 Likes

The whole ensemble was fantastic. Wish you all could have been there. My wife was bowled over with how wonderful everyone was as well as how great the food was. Definitely needs a second visit…or a third.

10 Likes

@JeetKuneBao The shrimp and langoustine dishes were exceptional. Towards the end of the meal, I think many of us were so full we couldn’t properly enjoy how wonderful they were. But as a warning for folks planning to go, bring some fresh crusty bread so you can use it to sop up the soup/stew/sauces for all the cooked dishes.

4 Likes

Great advice! The tortillas supplied just aren’t absorbent enough.

1 Like

Yes, good point, @attran99 . I was drinking the sauces LOL. I think you’re supposed to consume these things with the rice they have traditionally? No se.

3 Likes

Brilliant. Two words at the top of my food vocabulary - bread & sop!

2 Likes

Bread?! Nah, I believe that leftover sauce screams for tortillas!!!

2 Likes

We’ve got a bread vs tortillas rivalry starting. But I liked the tortillas too.

I’m betting Sergio says he’d use arroz

1 Like

The tortillas were good, but absorbency rate of bread is just way better than a tortilla. Bread = nooks and crannies for more sauce. Tortilla = not so much. Also @Nemroz had it right by adding some of the sauces into his michelada…that, I thought, was entirely brilliant.

4 Likes

The tortillas were great with seafood dripping with sauce tucked inside, but dipping in sauce not so much.

Btw, I knew they’d be good but the Marlin Tacos blew us away!

3 Likes

I wish that they had come out earlier in the meal…I was getting so full that I feel like I didn’t give that glorious taco the love and respect it truly deserved.

4 Likes

Yeah, they’re kind of an appetizer course. But I was good with the Marlin Tacos, because the Snook came out when I was waiting for the restroom and rapping with the young folk. It was devoured when I came back. Thankfully, A. made me a small Snook Taco. :smile:

3 Likes

Aww…you missed snook #2? I’m glad A took care of you.

2 Likes

We will have to further study the question. Perhaps we should bring some bolillos next time and compare their performance versus the tortillas.

1 Like

Yes. My younger boy said the black pepper shrimp sauce over rice was his favorite. Not the shrimp, just the sauce and rice. Although he liked the shrimp, too. I just spooned the langostine sauce into my mouth, no carbs required.

Also, my older kid asked, “Are we parking here because this is a girls club and you’re a feminist?”

Also, also, heaping thanks to @attran99 for making this happen.

5 Likes

OMG! Funny!!!

1 Like

Props to the parents who brought their chowpups…thank you for raising the next generation of eaters to be adventurous.

3 Likes

So did you all order a dish . Or was it a Sergio omakase?

2 Likes