Sergio’s home: 106 seafood underground

We ordered almost OOE (one of each). We gave Sergio a guest count and a list of basic dishes we wanted. They decided how much to serve us and what extra dishes to send out. Basic parameters were snook, langoustines, ceviches/aguachiles, marlin tacos, shrimp, and stew.

7 Likes

Tilapia stew. For shame

1 Like

It was an incredible feast, but I gave out on the last few courses. Could not make the bang bang for cheesecake. If anyone has not met others on our board can I just attest that they are interesting, charming, and accomplished. Food was great; company was better.

6 Likes

6 Likes

It was great to meet you and your kids!

1 Like

Looks really good, but I had no room.

Working on my writeup… Thanks for your patience, gang.

Meanwhile, here’s a teaser:

14 Likes

Dayummmm…

Count me in if there can be a gathering again there when I’m in town next. Seeing all these recent new amazing spots makes me think it’s not so bad spending several hundred to fly down during holiday season (sure beats $3000 round trip to Tokyo or Hong Kong…)

I’ll have to haul a 1.8 L sake magnum bottle down for this! Epic!!! Thanks for the reports!

5 Likes

HK should be a lot cheaper than $3,000.:grin:

$2500 ish is till some silly money (yes for last 2 weeks in Dec) despite what’s going on over there now.

One thing that might be possible is booking a flight where HK is a layover and just getting off the plane there (can’t check bags). Was looking at prices for SE asia and many that have HK as a layover are far cheaper.

1 Like

If you do that, your return flight will get canceled. You can only drop a flight at the very end of your trip.

I could eat that photo. We’re talkin’ Martha Stewart Living.

2 Likes

You can pay a no show fee right?

Sinaloan Shrimp Porridge

Everyone was stuffed so we won the leftover sweepstakes - about a dozen prawns in spicy, garlic, pepper, tequila, lemon sauce and a big, fresh scoop of rice (thanks penuelas’). J_L suggested eggs & rice. So, I decided to practice my porridge and added sushi rice and a lot of water. I’m still in denial about how much water is needed but it turned out pretty good. Slowly folded in whole eggs at the end, then the prawns (heads saved), smoked salt, butter & lemon. Hello.

16 Likes

thought this was from Pooridge and Puffs for a second!

3 Likes

Thanks!

That’s an excellent item to pair sake with! Great job!!! Sergio jook or Serjiook :laughing:

3 Likes

Clever!

Looks great!

1 Like