Sergio's 106 Seafood Underground

It was all great (see my words above). It’s just the camerawork that is bad.

1 Like

thanks @bruins, that’s what i would expect out of the camarones borrachos–properly inebriated shrimp. unfortunately ours barely had a buzz.

1 Like

agreed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Going there Sunday with some Russian friends. Will report back.
As a Shasta aside here I am (in the middle) on the summit of Shasta in 1979. It was a slog, but the 3000 foot glissade on the way down was the best sledding I have ever done despite the wet rear end at the bottom. Don’t think I would trade views of Shasta for planes coming into LAX even with Sergio cooking next door.

10 Likes

Fabulous photo.

2 Likes

That’s Peter Reinhart to the left. We were both kids back then. Thank you!

1 Like

A cool 14 ,180 feet .

1 Like

You look like Peter Fonda. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If someone remembers next time they go, can you ask if they allow dogs in the backyard? Haven’t been successful getting through on the phone or Instagram. Thank you!

i saw a dog on a leash when i was there

2 Likes

Its the 70s hair…

2 Likes

The sunglasses too…

R.I.P.

2 Likes

Took my Russian friends there tonight. They absolutely loved it; there is nothing like it in Moscow. I didn’t take pictures as the items were all repeats and @J_L and @attran99 among others have much better photos than I take. We had aquachile, green apple ceviche, marlin tacos, and, of course, snook. The aguachile and the ceviche were a bit too spicy for one of the Russians, but she soldiered on. No line, and dogs are okay. There was a mariachi group, but they weren’t so loud as to make conversation difficult. I love that place!

14 Likes

Thanks for the report @ebethsdad, for reference what time did you arrive? Was there much of a wait for your snook?

1 Like

Reservation was for 5. 30 minute wait for snook which worked out well for us as one of our party was late.

1 Like

Seems like the perfect day for this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA01lMmpq-M/

5 Likes

Tried calling, goes straight to an answering machine-maybe once capacity is reached, they stop taking calls?

1 Like

They are rather laid back in their approach. I’m not sure, but I think the house phone might be the restaurant phone as well. Perfect set up for socially distant dining though. I would keep trying. Planning on going there this week as well.

2 Likes

Phones don’t work. We went and they were closing around d 6:30. From now in we are just going for lunches. It’s seafood anyway and too many things run out by dinner.

We did get to hear some great fireworks over our heads though

Every day but Tuesday. Guaranteed lunch. Not guaranteed dinner. May the aguachile gods be with us

5 Likes