South Bay Staples

What is that?

It’s the namesake dish of the restaurant.

It’s tempura dipped in their house sauce (different from standard tempura sauce) topped with rice. Basically a tempura bowl with sauce, I think it’s much better.

3 Likes

UGH! That is what I wanted, but i was confused. I will be back 100%

1 Like

Did you get the soft boiled egg to mix into the rice? Can’t see it in the pic.

2 Likes

That’s not my pic I got it off the internet. I’ve been to Carlos junior many times though

1 Like

I’ve only been once, but get the tempura seaweed on your next trip. It is DELISH.

2 Likes

Took a pic pre egg mixture, but the deed was done. Wow such a concept loved that, soft fried egg on that rice.

1 Like

that :egg: :heart:

15 Likes

fuck yes.

Fresh and hot butter and salt donut from sidecar

10 Likes

I’m boycotting them until they bring back passionfruit pavlova. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve never had that but it sounds awesome, please lmk when they bring that back

1 Like

Will do! It’s their best donut, imo. It’s usually their seasonal flavor for February but I dunno what’s going on this year. Maybe passionfruit sourcing issues.

6 Likes

There were plenty of passion fruit vendors in Brentwood FM in Feb. Just as an fyi

2 Likes

This sucks.

5 Likes

Damn 80 year old Korean grandmas are irreplaceable. Even in Korea I’ve heard most of the younger urban generations stopped making kimchi and buying in stores.

I know it’s not close to you and a little different from Japanese/Korean style but Hansung Ggoolmott Kimchi in Buena Park is fantastic. They carry several varieties of kimchi and other ban chan as well.

I think one of the OGs in Koreatown Kae Sung is still around too.

6 Likes

I will second Hansung in Buena Park! Don’t forget to get the perilla leaf banchan and oyster banchan.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely check them out!

Full House +. Korean Chinese food. Seafood noodle soup, za zhang myun, fried chicken. This is a wonderful addition to the food scene in Torrance. The noodles are made in-house and have the most Q of any noodle I’ve had in the South Bay. The chicken is expertly fried - crisp, flaky crust without a hint of grease. Could have had a full plate!

6 Likes

Rieras solid Italian . It’s no bay cities but still hits the spot

9 Likes