Stevie's Creole Cafe On Pico?

Well…

We had the gumbo today. It was a tad salty but pretty good. Was it Louisiana good? No! I can say that now @CiaoBob. :wink:

We also ordered a piece of fried chicken to see if it improved. Nope. It was a tad dark and over cooked, but moist enough with really crispy skin. The real problem was the salt. It was a reckless, salt bomb. I’ll tell you why this pisses me off. It’s not like it was never great, so who cares. When they opened it was on my list of best non-howlin’ ray’s country fried chicken in L.A. But he’s not quality checking and his cooks are just dumping salt in everything. I’ve mentioned this directly and I’ve emailed. They’re appreciative of the feedback, but do nothing. I’m going to try the shrimp & grits w/crispy onions. But after that I’m kinda’ done with Stevie’s Creole cooking, not cooked by Creoles.

#TeamMy2Cents

3 Likes

Been there and been done with Stevie’s for a long time. Unfortunately there’s no good Southland restaurants doing good LA cooking that I am aware
of. I did see some great photos of crawfish at the Long Beach Bayou Festival last weekend

1 Like

That is an excellent festival! And there is music and dancing and fried oysters.

2 Likes

Oh man! I gotta’ remember that for next year!

Reporting from the happy place again

Today was soul soothing

7 Likes

what is that?

JAM balaya

Now that is what a gumbo should look like

4 Likes

welcome RN04

2 Likes