Summer / Fall / Winter / Spring fruit

I might be the only person who doesn’t like the moondrop grapes. Not sure what exactly about them doesn’t sing for me but maybe I’ve been unfairly comparing them to the grapes from Ken’s which have been spectacular this summer. My preference is generally for crunchy green grapes.

1 Like

They’re certainly not crunchy, that’s for sure.

I would get the Moon Drops for 1.99/lb, but I prefer the flavors of Grapery’s Gum Drops (which were also 1.99 at Ralphs last week) and Cotton Candy grapes (2.98 at Sprouts). Grapery also has green grapes shaped like the Moon Drops, but I haven’t seen them.

I tried Ken’s green lychee grapes last year, but the flavor seemed weak compared to supermarket lychee grapes. The Ken’s grapes seem popular here so I’ll have to give them another shot. My favorite fruit from Ken’s is still their emerald pluot.

4 Likes

I’ve been buying Moon Drops at Sam’s Club the past couple of weeks. Very good.

Ken’s Kyoho grapes are fantastic. I like the green grapes but to your point, the flavor is muted. But the Kyoho’s are incredible - only ones where I actually eat the skin as well because it’s barely astringent.

1 Like

2lb pack of lychee grapes for $2.98 at GW Supermarket until Sunday. This was at the one in Rosemead with the big food court, but the other locations should have them too.

4 Likes

1.98/lb Moon Drops at Sprouts until Nov. 1 @Gr8pimpin

9 Likes

Thanks, @Yoda !!! I’ve been out for a while. Haven’t seen them in weeks!!

2 Likes

if you go to costco, please let me know if you see cherries. Thanks!

I bought cherries today at Bristol Farms. Free 1lb with purchase. The cherries were not good.

4 Likes

lol. good thing they were free. I have seen cherries at some of the grocery stores and farmers markets, but not at Costco yet.

On another note, cherries were not that good last year. I’m wondering if Covid had something to do with it. I was hoping they’d be better this year.

Agreed. We tried several stands at farmers markets and a few grocery stores last year. We gave up. The stone fruits were great as usual though. I think the heavy rains in the spring are going to result in some different bounties and yields this year. Some better and some worse than usual. I read an article recently about how the very warm weather and drought like conditions last year in France are producing a very good 2022 vintage for both Burgandy and Bourdeux.

Anybody seen apricots yet?

Yes. I saw it in Tokyo Central over the weekend.

1 Like

ken’s top notch mango nectarines are the top notchiest

17 Likes

Niceee

Grapery Gum Drops 2.48/lb at Sprouts this week. Check your local store’s ad.

IMG_9950

4 Likes

Still a couple of weeks away.

But today, The Grapery posted this:

They say mid-July to early September… I have yet to see them.

4 Likes

The Tear Drops are shipping to Gelsons and Sprouts in SoCal according to the comments section.

There was also this information about three varieties of Gum Drops. I had the same reaction as the commenter after getting them from Sprouts.

1 Like

Guess I’m going off keto for a few weeks lol!

Thank you for the info!!

2 Likes