Summer / Fall / Winter / Spring fruit

The ‘Harrie’s Berries gaviotas’ of the grape world.

2 Likes

The ones I bought at Ralphs today were huge. No one would look down upon you if you took two bites to eat one of these grapes.

Name these fruits I enjoyed last weekend…

1 Like

White sapote, wax Apple

5 Likes

Outstanding. The FTC crew is in the upper echelon of food knowledge.

If you still have wax apples on hand try this dip. Granulated cane sugar, soy sauce & thinly sliced /minced Thai chili.

2 Likes

Or Lao Gan Ma + sugar?

LGM flavor too strong IMO.

1 Like

Eating a ripe one right now.

1 Like

Barhis haven’t been harvested yet, but the honey dates from Davall are as soft and sweet as always

UPDATE: their instagram tells me that the barhis in fact are in season and available at farmer’s markets. Not yet online tho

Are figs in season right now? I saw a ton of them at the Farmer’s Market this weekend. I myself am not a big fig person, but this is just as a FYI/PSA, in case other people are…

1 Like

Grandparents just brought these grapes from the Russian market and WOW they taste like pure honey and sugar. Highly recommend if you come across them

5 Likes

what market?

Rasputin in Encino

Got some Lucy Glo Apples from Trader Joe’s a couple weeks ago, not bad, nice tangy flavor

Lucy™ Apples are grown in the heart of Central Washington by a small group of pioneering growers who are passionate about developing new varieties. Through countless years of research and development, they discovered they could grow a great tasting, pink-red interior apple.

Lucy™Apples are part Honeycrisp, which give them their sweet, tangy flavor and crunchy texture we all love…Lucy™Glo has a gorgeous yellow skin that allows the red interior glow from within and is tangy with a hint of sweet.

8 Likes

@J_L , this is 18 months late, but just saw this picture of Wax Apples!!! Where did you get those? In LA? They are my favorite fruit and my wife and I were just lamenting that we could be in Taiwan right now gorging on lian wu instead of being stuck in the jail cell that is CA.

Hi fattydumplin, 蓮霧 (wax apples) can be found on certain summer weekends at the Temple City Farmers Market in limited quantities.

2 Likes

Borrowed from Jenn Harris’ IG. What is this and why would anybody pay $32 for a pineapple?

3 Likes

Apparently it’s also being marketed as a Valentine’s Day thing.

$49 for one or $69 for 2 online btw.

2 Likes