Thanksgiving Pies

I got the pecan and apple pies from Republique. the filling of the pecan pie was wonderfully chewy, but it was too sweet and the crust way too thick—it was hard to slice into thin pieces. the apple pie was the winner. also got the dinner rolls, which were fine, but I prefer the butterflake rolls from Gelsons.

9 Likes

Starting early but interested to see where people will be getting pies from this year? I struck out at Fat N Flour but hoping I can get my hands on one this year.

2 Likes

Republique is a good option and just sent out an e-mail blast about holiday pie orders: République - République's Holiday Pies, Seasonal Cakes, Breads, & Baked Goods - Los Angeles, CA | Tock

3 Likes

Anyone have any suggestions on great pies on Goldbelly or anywhere that will ship to middle america?

Never had it but Dave Chang says this is the best pie in America on his podcast.

2 Likes

Anyone tried Republique’s pumpkin Basque cheesecake?

Eater LA with the timely update! 21 Best Pies to Eat in Los Angeles - Eater LA

2 Likes

Planning for Apple Pan https://theapplepan.com/pies. Boysenberry Cream is already sold out…so going with pumpkin but it explicitly says with no whipped cream, was hoping for Pumpkin Cream.

1 Like

Gemini Bakehouse in Silver Lake has bomb looking thanksgiving pies. Pre-order available: Thanksgiving – Gemini Bakehouse

1 Like

Yeah I preordered a few things from Gemini, including that chicken pot pie :sunglasses: their cinnamon rolls are the best

2 Likes

Fat & Flour Thanksgiving pie ordering just went live at noon: https://fat-flour-thanksgiving-2022-menu.square.site/

2 Likes

This is a little early in the season for apples and not near Thanksgiving. But my cousin is looking for Apple Pie or Strudel to take to a Rosh Hashanah dinner. The perimeter is Mid-City/Beverly-Grove, Robertson/Cheviot Hills. She also works near MacArthur Park. Doesn’t need to be fancy or gourmet, just good. Thanks!

Winston Pies in Weho is probably your best bet.

1 Like

Crusteez in Windsor Hills/View Park has a delicious apple crisp pie.

They also have an amazing sweet potato pecan pie!

And I just recently found out about their nutter butter banana pudding. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I little bit further than your radius, but well worth the extra distance.

3 Likes

Thanks @rohto & @A5KOBE

I put them on the list. Love Crustees. I gotta get the Nutter Butter Banana Pudding!

2 Likes

A pie? Hmmm lol. Your cousin needs a good sponge cake :wink: . You know, any Jewish occasion other than Passover is a good excuse for a babka.

1 Like

Lol she’s Buddhist. Her husband is Jewish. She did mention strudel but I’ll pass on the sponge & babka rec. Helpful! :smile:

3 Likes

destroyer selling pies
https://www.exploretock.com/vespertine/experience/444286/destroyer-thanksgiving-pies-holiday-goods

pumpkin pie sure does look pretty

3 Likes

Maybe it’s not fair to Jordan but I’d worry at least a little about even buying a pie from a chef who seems to care more about his food as an Art installation than as something that is truly delicious.

3 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, he does have an extensive background in pastry and the pies are pretty conventional in flavor profile. Doesn’t feel like the concept-first kind of food from Vespertine and Meteora.

2 Likes