Thanksgiving Pies

Yeah Destroyers pastries are great

1 Like

Co-sign this amd @butteredwaffles (not sure how to do a multi-quote); I totally understand the hesitation, but fwiw, even back to Red Medicine his pastries have been pretty fantastic.

4 Likes

Lol glad Iā€™m not the only one that gets this instead of and when on the phone! Are you swiping as well?

2 Likes

:laughing:

From Agnes in Pasadena:

3 Likes

Donā€™t see them mentioned much, but weā€™re big fans of Bakerā€™s Bench in Chinatown for vegan pastries. Really enjoyed their vegan moon cakes this year and the Thanksgiving pies were a hit last year.

4 Likes

Any recs for South Bay, South Central, Westside, LBC?

Apple and pumpkin?

Fat & Flour will have pickup at their upcoming westside shop, but they are almost sold out of everything.

https://fat-flour-thanksgiving-2023-menu.square.site/

1 Like

Jongewaardā€™s Bake ā€˜N Broil

Pre-order highly recommended.

4 Likes

I went with Friends and Family.

A little farther than I wanted to travel and pretty damn high price point. Got the pumpkin and apple per requests from friends.

Someone please assure me that I didnā€™t f up and itā€™s worth it. If anything it will build my credit lol

3 Likes

Any recommendation for an apple tart for thanksgiving? Something thin crusted with almond paste kind would be great.

picking up the coconut ube ganache and some thiccies from laroolou

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had their pumpkin pie, but the apple pie is great (as is nearly every other baked good Iā€™ve had from Friends & Family). You didnā€™t f up.

4 Likes

Yeah friends and family is great, Iā€™ve picked up their pecan pie in the past

1 Like

Nicoleā€™s South Pas for Tarte Tatin (apple or pear) or Poire Bordelais.

2 Likes

I have a very silly question: Is ice cream pie a thing?
Sweet Rose has ice cream pies for Thanksgiving.

Ok, my real question is LOL
Real pie or ice cream pie?

Have anyone tried those? Iā€™m very curious, haha.

2 Likes

It is a thing, but it is not my thing.

1 Like

I tried there pumpkin spice ice cream just now because I was so curiousā€¦ nice but way too sweet for me. Regular pie is much better.

Pumpkin is like 4 times sweeter than Mint chip and 2 times sweeter than salted caramel :jack_o_lantern::wave:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Pies, pies, and more pies