The fire is already out at Slow Burn 🤬

Got burned - big time - last night by Slow Burn.
Made reservations for Sat night, based on @J_L ’s favorable review and some other teasers:

Got the Resy “confirm” text-request the day before, and the annoying “You are due in one hour” reminders.

Yet, when we arrived with our friends, the place was totally locked up, phone number “not a working number,” IG account seemingly terminated, etc.

No calls or emails or texts at all.

So strange and really fucked-up!

8 Likes

They’re gone from Resy now. Web site and Instagram account also gone. That’s remarkably fast, especially given that it was a prototype for a potential chain.

1 Like

That’s messed up.

1 Like

slow burn leaving la like

forrest-gump-running

3 Likes

Seems like a job for eaterLA @matthewkang

2 Likes

I wonder if the restaurant didn’t cancel Resy at the same time as they did the phone, web site, and IG, or if Resy doesn’t automatically cancel reservations when a restaurant drops the service. Per Wayback, the web site was offline by Friday at the latest.

Very sucky. Where did you end up eating?

The large bar at Taix.
Decent cocktails, tacky-kitschy decor, and excellent people-watching, but the food is a little more then okay and a little less than fine.

5 Likes

where am i supposed to get my sushi casserole with crab, crispy rice, yuzu, roe, nori, and eel sauce now?

2 Likes

Umami Burger

2 Likes

don’t see it

Fleischman joke

1 Like

Wow the restaurant lasted about a month? Is that a new record?

A restaurant in Alameda, California lasted one night. The owner got shitfaced, fought with some cops, and lost his licenses immediately.

6 Likes

If that restaurant was in SoCal, I still would have probably managed to get in a pictorial essay for FTC…

7 Likes

i ate there once in the 80’s and haven’t been back since.

1 Like

They have some nice wines on their list. I remember a lovely Marsannay

another jilted diner

3 Likes

nothing new from eater:

6 Likes

I’m really curious what the story is here. I doubt Fleischman opened a new restaurant with reserves to only last a couple of weeks. There must be something else for the closure.

3 Likes