Tim Ho Wan Coming To Irvine

They tend of look down on the ground and pretend like they didn’t hear you when you try to ask for something :sunglasses:

indeed. here’s my writeup of lei’s garden in ifc.

looking forward to another 7-10 days in hong kong this december.

FTC got the Eater mentioned again.

At least they credited @chandavkl and FTC

Farley is a FTCer as well.

1 Like

Also the distinction between good, bad, indifferent and atrocious. Not sure why my friend insists on going here, we have been at least 20 times. :shushing_face:

Just saw that they’re opening in Vegas next year.

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/tim-ho-wan-las-vegas-palms?xid=NL_DISH080418&utm_source=foodandwine.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the-dish&utm_content=2018080420PM&eminfo={"EMAIL"%3A"j7o%2BTZyRNbciRkCwoDnSeg2P7iiL2b3e"%2C"BRAND"%3A"WI"%2C"CONTENT"%3A"Newsletter"%2C"UID"%3A"WI_DSH_20A05616-1198-474F-89E4-A90DC25025B2"%2C"SUBID"%3A"43553339"%2C"JOBID"%3A"841298"%2C"NEWSLETTER"%3A"THE_DISH"%2C"ZIP"%3A"961401053"%2C"COUNTRY"%3A""}

I absolutely don’t find that to be true. But I can - believe it or not :slight_smile: - be a real suck up when it behooves me. Also at dim sum, we always ask for chicken feet first. They’re totally on our side after that :slight_smile:

1 Like

THW is a franchise, not a chain, right?

They have now hiring signs as of 2 weeks ago. Shouldn’t be too long now.

I’ll probably wait for the Las Vegas branch to open and try it there.

I lacked the patience to wait for the Irvine opening, so I went to Hawaii to try the Waikiki branch of THW…

'Twas good!

In addition to a box of hot, delicious, and as-good-as-in-Asia Tim Ho Wan signature baked BBQ pork buns, there were also Waikiki exclusives (not available elsewhere): Steamed fish bundle with pineapple, pan-fried black rice mochi with pineapple and lilikoi, and rainbow mango slush! Broke da mouth!

7 Likes

Their ABC license was effective on 3/28 and they’re supposed to be used within 30 days. There’s likely a planning or health department issue holding things up.

Oooh will have to try those island specials soon

It’s opening tomorrow.

2 Likes