Ugly Delicious Season 2

now streaming

2 Likes

Oh, I saw that and thought I’d already seen it. But that was “Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.”

Damn, that’s a nice looking steak.

After the BLD disaster, this was a good course correction. I LOVE Indian food and it should be considered one of the great cuisines and totally underrepresented in the US.

And no I don’t want Gaggan style Indian, I want the OG stuff from Kerala, Assam, Hyderabad, Punjab etc etc etc

2 Likes

the indian episode is a bit of a shitshow–a few segments excepted. i live-tweeted my viewing of it yesterday.

Regardless of al that, Season 2, Episode 1 is really a whole different side of Chang. I immediately texted my son, who has a 3 year-old and a 1 year-old, and told him he needs to watch it.

1 Like

I just finished the season and thought that it was an enjoyable watch. Chang was more vulnerable and open not only to new experiences in taste, people and culture, but to personal growth.

Sure, there’s lots to nitpick over----but I think he’s making an attempt to move certain dialogues forward and inform average folks about things that people here on FTC may take for granted.

I’m all for bringing open dialogue and cultural uniqueness/differences to the public at large. These things should be celebrated and shows like this, despite the shortcomings, help push things slowly forward.

2 Likes

I did like the show . Even David Choe is trying not to be so pretentious. Still my favorite is Chef . Jon Favreau seems to be one cool dude.