Visiting SF from LA and Need Cantonese - Sam Wo?

We moved away from NV/SF in '92. Went to Eric’s once and wasn’t tempted to go back. Too much non-Chinese-American food even if not as convenient. IMO of course.

In this case, the request was specifically for old-school Chinese-American, so it’s a good match.

I lived a few blocks up Church 20 years ago. If I was craving Chinese food, I’d walk down the hill to Yuet Lee (now Wild Pepper), but Eric’s was good for a light meal of seafood and good vegetables without leaving the neighborhood.

@robert This is Eric’s in the mission, near my brother’s house on 24th. I definitely posted the wrong link. But good to know they’re both good.

Same place, same web site. Eric’s is on Church at 27th in Noe Valley. The Mission is just down the hill.

1 Like

We’ve gotten take-out from Sam Hing a few times lately, and have been very pleasantly surprised. The chicken broccoli dish was good, as was the chicken chow fun with onions, with extra fried tofu. Order from the menu though and have them cook the food fresh for you – don’t go in and have them just serve you from the items sitting under the heat lamps.