Waking Up To A Japanese Breakfast - Fukagawa & Ise-Shima [Thoughts + Pics]

Thanks for correcting, @JThur01- my concern was blowback against the restaurant from a certain type of potential patron.

@bulavinaka - as someone who self-describes my eating choices as “opportunisticly vegan” and coming from a family that includes vegetarians, vegans, pescatarians, and flexitarians, the whole “so what, exactly, are you comfortable with eating?” conversation happens a lot. Always interesting to learn where lines are drawn - and how solid they are.

Back to the original topic: I love these small, mom and pop places and respect what they offer the community. Definitely prefer to support them when we can. :smile:

4 Likes

Blowback or not, it simply needed correcting. Upon discovering the error, I immediately went to correct it, only to find it had already been taken care of (waves at editor and says thank you!)

Same here. Recently, it seems I’ve spent quite a bit of time covering international chains, but I always prefer covering the small mom & pop or family run places.

1 Like

Thank you attran99. Well, other than the “vegetarian” gaffe :disappointed:

2 Likes

If we’re talking about katsuobushi, then it is dried first before it’s shaved.

Yes. The “wet” comment was written with tongue-in-cheek :grinning: They were rather reconstituted from the tofu.

After eyeing the lunch menu at our last breakfast here, we decided to go all in…and got brunch here.
My friend had the hot dark miso udon which came in a piping hot clay pot. He really enjoyed it and would order it, again.
I had the Lunch Special Set A with grilled mackerel, rice, miso soup, 4 pieces of California roll, salad, pickles, and 1/2 order of house made cold soba. It was a rather large meal, but it was really well-made…the house made noodles are really good…nice chew and texture.
It was brunch because we ordered the dashimaki…not pictured because we ate it while waiting for our meal sets.

Lunch sets and noodles are great!

5 Likes

Thanks for the report back @attran99. :slight_smile: Good to know about their Soba. I’ll have to try that next time.

Please name the restaurant.

TIA.

It’s Fukagawa.

1 Like