Wexler's Deli Santa Monica

what’s the latest time I could get to Wexler’s DTLA and get this smoked fish plate? Preferably on a weekend.

They used to run out of bagels early but luckily that doesn’t seem to happen anymore. If you get there by 12-1pm hopefully you should be fine …but after that they begin to run out of certain items on some days. They are open till 4pm

1 Like

Wow, who would’ve thought?? lol

No way…you time a TV show production around INSTAGRAM announcements???

Not sure how you drew that conclusion. It is inaccurate.

1 Like

Ok, I take it back. They are just a sandwich shop, hence why the close early.

Never having been, and I hate to start the debate of the definition… AGAIN… But they use the term “lox” … Do they serve lox or is it smoked salmon (nova)?

It’s cured lox.

1 Like

COOL!! Now THAT is a treat! Haven’t had lox in years!

What was your post about a production crew about then?

They open this Friday! 7am-7pm Daily.

3 Likes

Those hours are MUCH better!!

1 Like

Weekday breakfast, YUM!

1 Like

According to their Instagram, this is their new and improved fish plate for Santa Monica:

https://instagram.com/p/BF2NpjMuURj/

Who wants to split one with me Friday morning?

6 Likes

How early are you going??? Partner and I are thinking of going Sat afternoon… :slight_smile:

New to their menu Smoked Fish Salad

1 Like

Some beautiful pictures in the Eater article today: Wexler's Honors the Deli Tradition in Santa Monica - Eater LA

1 Like

What is the parking situation? Does anyone know?

Street meters, though the SM Public Library underground parking is less than a block away and it’s an hour free or 90m free or something.

There’s free parking for the first 90 minutes at the city parking structures in downtown Santa Monica. There’s also parking right across the street at the library, but I’m not sure it’s free.

I’ll be taking the Expo line myself. About a half-mile walk to Wexler’s.

EDIT: Looks like the first 30 minutes are free at the library. See more info here.

Thanks