What are your tips to enjoying Thanksgiving?

Happy Thanksgiving Food Talkers! :fallen_leaf:

8 Likes

Same to you @TheCookie

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving all! This is my contribution this year.

8 Likes

Partner has also been doing basque cheesecake this year! It’s always a crowd pleaser.

Before it became fashionable to do so (so like 10+ yrs ago), my dad ordered Thanksgiving to-go from a nearby hotel. No one in my family of origin likes to cook, so it was LIFE CHANGING. :slight_smile: I have been happy to pay someone else to do the cooking, serving, and cleanup many times since.

4 Likes

Liked Shortcake and the short lived burger place quite a bit!

1 Like

Love to see everyone’s Tday pics!

1 Like

Totally forgot to take a pic but spatchcocking once again resulted in an easy, juicy 15 pound bird in under 2 hours.

3 Likes

Fabulous Thanksgiving . Cheers to everyone.

10 Likes

I’m a spatchcock-only person nowadays :slight_smile:

I sent @lectroid ’s milk bread roll recipe to my sister, and coincidentally she’d already seen it and was planning to make them. Didn’t get the glistened top but texture and taste wise these were a thumbs up!

Apple and pumpkin pies from Pies by Gwen. Perhaps the best versions of each I’ve had the pleasure of eating. The apples were sufficiently tart, contrasting with the glazed pie top. The pumpkin pie was spice forward and rich. Crust on both was buttery, crispy enough on the outside with a really nice chew inside. Not shown was the whipped cream, roasted pepitas, and pomegranate seeds accompanying the pumpkin pie.

11 Likes

We have your salad bowl!

1 Like

What are your favorite leftover recipes?

My daughter likes a short rib mac n cheese grilled cheese. I’ll make some breakfast burritos with a bunch of stuff inside. Maybe some club sandwiches with bacon, cranberry sauce and creamed spinach. We’ll grill up leftover stuffing and make them into crispy pancakes with eggs.

6 Likes

Turkey congee!

Here’s my sticky rice photo isn’t great but it tasted great!

11 Likes

Your bird is gorgeous @NYCtoLA.

2 Likes

Ah got it, I never cook stuffing in the turkey. I read your post as in leave the cavity empty, don’t put anything in there. I put in aromatics.

1 Like

Big thumbs up to Baker’s Bench for their vegan pumpkin pie! We’re not vegan, but love the stuff they make. It’s a regular Saturday stop before sending the kid to Colburn School.

3 Likes

Tday With The Family.

We ate late and folks were hungry, so cameras didn’t get a chance to eat this time. We pounced! The lineup was traditional, old-school & southern dishes. As usual, it was an enormous spread. Starting with Seafood Gumbo & Vegetarian Gumbo. Then a buffet of Roast Turkey, Smoked Turkey, Ham, Collard Greens, Buttered Peas, Mac & Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Potatoes au Gratin, Dressing, Corn Pudding, Vegetarian & Turkey Gravy, Relish Tray, Ambrosia, 4 Cakes (homemade & from Bea’s), 2 Pecan Pies, 2 Sweet Potato Pies.

A stock photo of my annual contribution…

Potatoes au Gratin

We also celebrated THREE wedding engagements.

We’re still stuffed but while most of us were sharing leftover breakfast photos of cakes & pies. My uber-disciplined sister-in-law shared this :sweat_smile:

So thankful for family & friends. I :orange_heart: Thanksgiving!

10 Likes

Gemini Bakehouse (big shoutout this place fuckin rules):

Chicken Pot Pie
Stuffing Biscuits
Honey Butter
Cranberry
Apple Crumb Pie
Whipped Cream

Friends and Family:

Turkey Gravy

Costco:

Ham

Us:

Mac and cheese
Mashed potatoes
Roasted yams
Caesar salad
Mushrooms

Republique:

Strawberry Passionfruit Cream Pie

Ecco un Poco:

Passionfruit sorbet and vanilla gelato

13 Likes

I love it. And no matter how you try and even if you take just one tablespoon of everything the plate is overloaded. That’s Tday dinner! :yum:

3 Likes

Waffle iron is your friend for reheating. Excuse the steam fogging up the lens.

11 Likes

Don’t have waffle iron, but that is an AWESOME hack. :slight_smile:

3 Likes