What do you order at In-N-Out

That’s a good idea! (Though I’d bet a double-double we’d have had an overflow situation on our hands.)

1 Like

only if you hate fries and hate life.

This can only be pulled off at The District in Tustin where the Whole Foods is on Jamboree. It helps if you go at lunch with several co-workers to split the ordering at each restaurant.

Double double animal style grilled whole onion, pickle and ketchup only
Spicy chicken sandwich with extra pickle from and large sweet tea from Chik Fil A
Fries from 5 Guys

I discard the top bun from each sandwich. The rest of the afternoons post this lunch are not very productive.

4 Likes

It is rather refreshing. Perhaps INO pays better than most fast food places. Another seemingly high-stress, very busy place where everyone is extremely pleasant is Porto’s, at least the one in Burbank (haven’t been to the Glendale location).

1 Like

+1. I think that part of the reason the staff is able to deal well is b/c the customers seems really happy to be there and, the few times I’ve been, the customers seem well-behaved (even if there’s a TON of them)…

The impression I’ve gotten is they’re patient and understanding if the customer knows what they want. Not so much if the customer is unclear or using way too much jargon without willing to clarify what they mean exactly. Not every INO employee is going to know every variant term. Saying I want it naked, may mean no dressing only to someone but it could also mean just meat and bread.

I buy INO lunches for my team once in a while as a thank you/appreciate the good job treat. Everyone on my team knows exactly how to order and everyone’s special order is listed out clearly in a piece of paper. The first time I walked up to our local INO, the guy behind the counter dropped his friendly face for just a second when I handed him the list. Then as he read it, he broke out in a smile. I asked if it was a problem. He said, it was the clearest list he ever got. He was always afraid of someone handing him a list since it’s usually vague, then the whole line is held up while the customer has to call everyone at the office to go through each order again.

He loved our list and had no questions for me as he punched it in. Every time I’ve dropped in since, there’s been no problems. Hand the list over, wait for the total to be told to me. I’ve never had to clarify anything.

1 Like

Root Beer Float at INO = rootbeer + some vanilla shake in it?

Yup!

I think I may be the only apostate who goes double-double-animal-style protein-style-mustard-no sauce with raw onions. I add on animal style fries and a vanilla shake. I prefer the crispy crunch of the big leaves of lettuce to the floppy bun, and I have an excuse for wolfing the whole thing down in seconds as the lettuce will collapse otherwise.

1 Like

Double double animal style whole grilled and raw onions extra toast

3 Likes