What's At Your Local Farmers Market? A Look At Fresh Veggies, Fruits, Meats, Nuts and More [Thoughts + Pics]

Tamai gaviotas absolutely incredible today. Wow. Blowing even Harry’s Maras out of the water. Berries in general still crushing stone fruit, though apriums were good.

4 Likes

Spray or no spray at tamai?

I’ve asked in the past and they’ve said no spray but of course that’s just taking their word for it.

1 Like

So they have two types at tamai. I’m referring to tamai at the Torrance farmers market on Saturdays. He minimally sprays some and he has a select couple batches that he no sprays but doesn’t display. The ones on display are sprayed.

But I believe there’s also two tamai farms so not sure which one you’re going to might be different. Tamai farms and tamai family farms, I think?

1 Like

I’ve got 3 baskets in the cooler in my car. Looking forward to diving into them this evening.

Can confirm they are delicious. Macerated them with sugar, salt, a touch of black pepper and a touch of lemon juice last night and enjoyed them with some heavy cream for dessert.

Andy’s and Tenerelli made their first appearance today, both selling just cherries. I got some black republicans from Andy; they’re crisper than I remember from late last season but still great flavor.

Peaches starting to get pretty good. Berries all still quite good.

9 Likes

Lettuce Salsa from Acapico Salsa in Santana. (Bought this today at Torrance FM).

I would link the LA Taco article but you need a subscription now?

I finished the salsa lol. Be sure to get a bag of those chips because they are so much better than the typical.

Also destroyed some apricots.

4 Likes

but what percentage of the taste is lettuce vs. garlic??
like if i were to try to recreate it, would i be close just blending lettuce and garlic?!

There are a bunch of recipes in Spanish.

https://www.google.com/search?q=salsa%20de%20lechuga

Damn saw that article didn’t know they sold at Torrance fm, what does it taste like?

1 Like

I am on the treadmill now at the gym but I’ll write the ingredients out when I get home.

You are correct the allium and lime is going to be dominant

2 Likes

(Post removed)

Lettuce, EVOO, salt, garlic, lime, jalapeno.

1 Like

I know this is LA but I’m gonna share Seattle’s University District Saturday faves.

Morels, asparagus and heirloom tomatoes.

We try to never miss it during morel season. Only $28/#.

5 Likes

Weiser Galia melons are pure candy right now.

5 Likes

Yellow and Orange watermelon available now at Weiser Farms

6 Likes

3 pack (the small green containers) of gaviotas a Rosewood farms for… $10!!! I asked one of the people working there why so inexpensive. She said they’ve normally been $15 but that the boss today said to price at $10. I’m not complaining… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was at LBC fm and it sold out quick. They said about another month in season

Got some last Sunday they are pretty good! I wss excited about the price too! Made this with some of them. Strawberry Spritz - David Lebovitz Strawberry Spritz

1 Like

Love their small stand at CCFM. I got some good squash blossoms too!