What's easier than grilling things over charcoal?

Hah, clearly more advanced than me as well. I’ll give that paper a try, thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

@Nemroz - new sparerib technique for you:

2 Likes

Jesus Christ. I learned a lot from that but I’m not smoking lard separately for 8 hours lol. Unless it can be smoked the next time I smoke meat and it’ll retain the profile… that might work…

3 Likes

My friend you can take the mask off your avatar…at least I think you can.
So glad your culinary resources have expanded with the new place. Love the look of your garden. I am currently battling rats trying to ruin my best tomato crop to date. Sigh…

i’ve caught a couple of small ones in a box trap (and tons of gophers and 1 ground squirrel)… hawks loved them. .

good point about the pic, you guys seem safe to be around

4 Likes

Yeah that’s absolute madness but the wrapping technique good to learn. Also I bet if you sealed it up the lard would hold the smoke til the next session if it cooled while covered or sealed.

1 Like

Yep. Can just fold up the paper and freeze it. I’m going to try it. Manteca is just lard I think. Easy to find around me

1 Like

Finally grabbed some meat from Novy in Simi. Are you guys familiar? He’s a vet here who has a ranch in Mt Shasta area where he grows superb cattle. Grass fed and delicious. I think is daughter might have taken over operations, not sure.

Didn’t like like regular ribeye but totally great on the hibachi

7 Likes

Rib skills are getting petty good

10 Likes

Really good . Nice spread for all . Beautiful. Love all the mezze plates at the table

Carne asada and hatch chiles on the flowerpot grill for the first tailgate in a couple years

14 Likes

Nice - Bringing the team some good mojo (44-10 final score). Keep up that ceramic binchotan ritual.

zakuski

1 Like

I’ve had it for a few years now…it started as an Alton Brown smoker then I realized smoking takes forever and just turned it into a tailgate grill. Nobody steals it when I leave it out during the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Game was tough but the bulgogi and grilled chicken weren’t

5 Likes

Got marinated lamb chops, steak, and chicken from Tehran Market on Wilshire in Santa Monica

4 Likes

Oy vey. That Bruin defense had more gaps yesterday than the space between your kabobs. I hope Coach Kelly works on defense scoring even more points than Arizona next week. #OverNotUnder #WhatsD

2 Likes

the gaps help make juicier meat by heating up the metal but that’s some david letterman level gapping

4 Likes

birthday fun at parents

birthday fun at home

5 Likes

Oh wow. We were all mindblown with my first try at tritip. Didn’t even get good pics other than this.

Prime from Costco. Just looked up basic instructions. Seasoned morning of with Larry’s, took it to 135 and wrapped in butcher paper

Never not doing this again

10 Likes