White Bordeaux

Chablis is fantastic! but if we’re talking QPR I have to put in a good word for White Bordeaux -especially when blended with Semillion can be excellent and under valued

Eric Azimov says it better that I can though.

1 Like

White Bordeaux isn’t exactly cheap… K&L Wine Merchants - Search Results

You can buy top 1% aged Chablis for under $100 a bottle. K&L Wine Merchants - Sign In or Create An Account

Or you can you buy 2018 La Mission Haut Brion blanc for $750 (goodness gracious!).

How about this instead?

2019 Smith Haut Lafitte Blanc, Pessac-Léognan

1 Like

Super young.

You can get Lynch-Bages (a super second) Bordeaux blanc with bottle age for under 100$ It’s a Sav blanc, Semillon & muscadelle blend

I’m a big fan of white wine, but I don’t like Bordeaux.

That’s pretty vague. You don’t like Chateau d’Yquem?

Bordeaux Blanc can be very good, but it can also be overpriced. It’s generally easier to find good values in Loire Sauvigon Blanc. On the other hand, if you like dry Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon blends …

1 Like

Had one recently distributed by Kermit Lynch over Labor day weekend under 20 for the bottle. Quite enjoyable.

I’m sorry I’m a fan of Riesling. I like it sour taste without bitterness.

There is never any need to apologize for being a Riesling fan!

No, I don’t. I don’t enjoy sweet wine. They’re a good balance with foie gras and roquefort but I really don’t like either of those much. I’m a peasant.

I’m with you. I’d rather drink Yquem’s dry Ygrec wine than their famous sweet wine.

Sweet German rieslings infuriate me. A bunch of syrupy garbage being output from the Mosel in my opinion. I respect Sauternes producers, even though I don’t like Sauternes. It’s not like they all of a sudden decide to stop their fermentation at 8% alcohol for no sensible reason like the German producers do.

1 Like

Auslese and spätlese wines are not usually syrupy. From a good vintage they can be quite delicious after being aged for 15 years or more.

These days you’d have to go out of your way to be annoyed by them given that most of the wineries that used to make them have switched to troken.