WSGV updates

I did a double take when I drove past several weeks ago, because it looked like it was gone.

Embassy Kitchen gone. Presumably killed by Colette.

Embassy Kitchen quickly replaced by Bund 8.

Dim Sum Box opens in San Gabriel next to Tam’s Noodle House.

2 Likes

Chef Tony opens third branch in Monterey Park in the Courtyard by Marriott on Atlantic.

1 Like

Love Duck replaces Happy Dunpling (sic) House inside the Alhambra 99 Ranch Market after a very short period.

Diamond Bar’s Chan Kee opens up new branch in Monrovia replacing Deer House.

My favorite restaurant, Spring Shabu Shabu in El Monte is gone. Somebody said the landlord jacked up the rent, which if true is crazy since the shopping center is like 90 percent vacant.

3 Likes

OK Cafe in Atlantic Times Square has closed. Not many Chinese restaurants left in that center.

1 Like

Pho Vit 115

Has duck salad and duck pho. I am intrigued

@hppzz have you tried pho vit? What region is this from?

Saw Kristie hang post that—completely new to me! Bún măng vịt the duck and bamboo noodle soup is the most common and popular :duck: soup. Try it and report back :grin:

2 Likes

This place is great! Just tried it this week for braised beef noodle soup and it was delicious. Will definitely go back to explore the menu more.

Wangjia

Delicious Shanghainese food but the gem of the this place might be the hilarious funny ass son who works here LOL.

9 Likes

Spicy pop chicken and orange bang from Bopomofo

Melo Melo.

Coconut jelly with red dragon fruit.

For all you coconut lovers this is good.

8 Likes

did he discuss his interest in coin collecting with you?

2 Likes

Nope. I am sure he can make coin collecting funny too.

He joked about his mom, family, and the food.

How did you like the food?

Yup! I learned what a countermark was from him

1 Like

I liked it.
Been about three times.
It is spottier than Jian Nan Spring in that I have a had a few “duds” at Wangjia but non at JNS.

Pro tip: Do NOT ask him to show you his coin collection during your meal.

5 Likes

Chef Ni Lunch Box has opened in Alhambra next to The Congee. It offers skewers, boxed chicken, duck, beef and animal parts, seafood items and other goodies which you can take unprepared to go, or have them cook it in the store. Many items sold by the pound. Very interesting concept in that it’s a cross between one of those hotpot ingredient stores and a restaurant. Here’s a shot of their display case.

4 Likes