A New Wave - Guerrilla Tacos

Yes. Because we are fatasses. :grin: And also because we don’t make it to Guerrilla as often as we’d like to.

I really like those blue corn ones.

FWIW, I meant “shit” as a word of praise. Well done.

I loved the blue corn tortillas, too.

Whoa, they’re doing a lot bigger variety of tacos these days! Used to jut be like the sweet potato and one other one!

I wonder if the blue corn comes from Taco Maria?

Yeah. The bacon & foie taco was a special, but the others were part of the weekly menu.

Good question about the tortillas… I should have asked. :confused:

Just had the lobster quesadilla and a boar taco and both were excellent. The quesadilla was loaded with lobster and the chile morita really cut the richness of the cheese and lobster. A great flavor combo. The boar taco was solid, but what really popped was the gooseberries garnish–sweet and tart at the same time, and totally unexpected, but again a perfect combination with the boar. And the blue corn tortilla is really delicious. I always find something interesting on their menu, but everything this week looked terrific and the quesadilla is one of the best things I’ve had there.

#ooe

Hi @thechez5,

Nice! So glad you liked the Lobster Quesadilla as well! :grin: It’s so good right? :slight_smile:

That Bacon & Foie Gras Taco looks great! I think it’s really cool that Chef Wes is doing daily specials still (besides his weekly changing menu), so a bit of a nod to his original daily changing menu.

Hi @J_L,

That’s not possible! You’re our best photographer on FTC. :slight_smile:

My crappy photos are here

I read it in the Clay Davis voice: “All that food? In one sitting?? Sheeeeit!!!”

You just made my day with that reference. Best show.

“A man got to have a code… and a soft shell crab taco.”
-Omar

Come at the King Crab, you best not miss!

That would be amazing if Chef Wes made a King Crab Taco! :slight_smile: Drool…

A man with a giant basket of live uni just arrived at the truck. I do not know what this means - uni is not currently on the menu.

Prep for tomorrow I’d imagine.

A cooler?

I have nothing to add to this discussion today except for the following: tacos IRL are smaller than they appear

$14 and 30 minutes later I’m hungry again.

Hi @Ns1,

Yah, they are on the smaller side, and certainly will run up the bill. Which items were highlights for you this visit?

Unfortunately nothing knocked it out of the park today. Better luck next week.