Felix - Venice

I’m thinking of ordering for a special occasion this Sat. :slight_smile:

From what I can see from the Felix website and here, it seems like you order same-day, and that the earliest ordering time is about noon-ish? Are the pasta kits for 2 actually a decent amount of food for 2?

1 Like

The orecchiette I ordered a few weeks ago was plenty for 2. You may want to order 2 sfincione because it is so good! Follow the instructions to heat up…I used my convection toaster oven for the bread and it was fantastic…my family loved it. I also got the pesto sauce, too…and that was lovely with grilled chicken and boxed pasta later in the week.
And you can only order while the restaurant is open for business. When I ordered, I had to wait until they opened at 11AM on Saturday to process it. You can then choose your pick-up time or order ASAP. I chose ASAP, and it was ready by 11:30.

4 Likes

I have to say that does look like they upped the portion size a bit from the restaurant -which was on the tiny side.

the focaccia comes cold and is meant to be reheated. even after sitting in the fridge overnight it came out perfectly after reheating in the toaster over for 3-4 minutes. the pizza comes hot but i reheated it per the instructions when i got home and it was also perfect.

3 Likes

as @attran99 mentioned you can only order same day and only when they’re open, 12-9pm on saturdays. however when i ordered online i couldn’t specify a pick-up time, the only option was ASAP. i called them and they said to place your order about 20 minutes before you’re ready to pick-up.

one focaccia and a pasta kit for two was plenty of food for me, so i would imagine it would be perfect for two non-gluttons.

4 Likes

And it looks beautiful on the Heath Ceramic plates!

4 Likes

I’d say they’re two small portions (ie Italian-size pasta servings). We ordered a pizza and a pasta for two people and had a little bit of pizza left over. Also as others have said you place your order and it’s ready when it’s ready. At 5:30 on Easter Sunday that was 40 minutes.

1 Like

good eye!

Porchetta Alert! Send out the bar signal

7 Likes

How am I supposed to order PRD hainan chicken, order this, and take an expected work call all at that same time??? I only have 2 hands!!!

7 Likes

I ordered via IG with Chef direct. Easy and simple. Hope you have access to IG for the same.

1 Like

Don’t have an IG account, but I will try to figure this out! Thanks for the tip!

" … and during the nearly two-hour interview Funke claimed that his standards are so high that he refuses to “eat pasta in North America, whatsoever.” He went on the clarify that he would eat dried pasta in North America, before hammering down on the statement’s original intent: “I only eat pasta in Italy.”"

(An aside: does anyone monitor the comments section on Eater? Seems like they’re becoming increasingly, um, unpleasant.)

what a douche

1 Like

i’m curious to get more context on that. just not curious enough to listen to the podcast

3 Likes

So does he not eat his own pasta?

3 Likes

The most amusing part of the interview was when he said that he likely didn’t get a Michelin star because the reviewers could not get reservation, due to him being booked out for four weeks. Who knows the truth, but I find that hard to believe. Not that FTC folks care about stars anyway.

Food is good at Felix but after spending $500 for four people last time, I didn’t feel like the service and overall experience was acceptable at that price. My report on that is somewhere here. Haven’t been back since.

If you are annoyed by cocky attitudes, don’t listen to the rest of the interview.

3 Likes

Do you follow Eddie Huang on Twitter or IG? He specifically calls out Eater. Sorry for the thread drift.

3 Likes

(Probably belongs on the “Confessions” thread): I don’t have an IG account and haven’t a clue as to my Twitter password; I’m curious to read him, now - thank you for the recommendation.

1 Like

there was a slight downhill alert at felix for me pre-covid, but I’m happy to say they’re back to cruising uphill again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGiOQUMDEO9/?hl=en

sfincione - focaccia siciliana, rosemary, sea salt & olive oil
must order

gamberi - blue prawns & bagnetto verde
pro tip, save some sfincione (or order more) to sop up all the garlic butter sauce

panzanella - wong farms pomodorini, burrata campana, market vegetables & pane fritte
this and nancy’s caesar are my top two salads in the city.

diavola - fior di latte, salame piccante, pomodoro, basil & olio santo
this is a fork and knife pizza, thin crust, no crisp, but super flavorful.

spaghetti acciughe e mollica - acciuighe di cetara, fennel, green garlic & mollica
had me at acciughe.

orecchiette - sausage sugo, spigarello, peperoncino & canestrato
still my favorite and the highlight of the pastas.

tonnarelli cacio e pepe - black pepper & pecorino romano dop
solid, a bit less creamy than nancy’s.

lemon tart meringue

17 Likes