The Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread

Back for a moment to the White Castle discussion, the only way to make the frozen ones edible is to wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 15 seconds or so, unwrap and remove the buns from the patty, place the buns in a toaster oven, for 45-60 seconds, and while you’re doing that, microwave the patty for another 30 seconds or so.

Del Taco is better than Taco Bell. Order the Bell Burger which is a burger bun with taco meat and taco cheese. I get it with double meat, and double cheese (or at least I did when I was still qualifying for this thread). Throw on a packet or two of the sauce and enjoy.

1 Like

If you don’t have a microwave, 3 blunts will suffice.

2 Likes

This might be concidered a PSA for this thread :wink:

4 Likes

Sounds like that’d work. I just kinda don’t won’t want to spoil the part where I hate them just a little while I’m eating them. ;o))

1 Like

The Barstow Del Taco locations (I’m told that all three of the Barstow locations are still owned by the founder) are far, far better than the chain Dels, which IMO are only marginally better than the Bell. Yes, order the Barstow Taco (two makes for a good meal). Real meat, not the mostly TVP substance that’s served at the chain Dels, and at the Bell. We stop whenever we’re passing through Barstow.

3 Likes

If memory serves, there used to be a Del Taco and next door they kept a Naugles as well (after they bought the chain). It sounds like they moved some of the Naugles items to the Del Taco?

Yes, they did. The Macho beef burrito was a Naugles item for sure- used to get that long before I ever even heard of Del. This was the 70 s.

1 Like

If you really miss Naugles, there’s this. In 2015 the name was reactivated in Fountain Valley, OC, CA. This article says they have(had?) the original menu.

http://nauglestacos.com/history.php

Naugles is only a couple of miles from my house, so I’ve been in a few times. I love it, but that could be coming from nostalgia. Definitely a step or two above Del IMO. They’re planning a pretty aggressive expansion from what I understand.

1 Like

Happy 4/20, luvs.

Blessings from Gaia.

7 Likes

National glaucoma day.

4 Likes
5 Likes

watch out, some posters on here don’t wanna see you bragging about your drug use :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ps i love that that is vegan.

3 Likes

Legal in a number of states. I got some great dark chocolate candy in Seattle.

3 Likes

Ironic. Given the title of this thread.

4 Likes

Well, there’s legal and illegal. And the site can make their decision.

Guerilla Tacos x NL#5

3 Likes

French fries are in the top five of drunk food, yeah? And even thought McDonald’s are the best, sometimes you want a fire pit and furikake to go with the fries.

A-Frame
Washington Blvd., Culver City

4 Likes

Shave It, Reseda

Pina Colada X Maui Wowie

4 Likes

Neither one of us wanted to share. There is a scoop of glorious coconut ice cream on top AND on bottom.

Shave It, Reseda - Pina Colada

7 Likes