What's cookin'?

Made some fried chicken thighs with the cream gravy from this recipe:

It was pretty delicious. I made a lot of gravy so I’ll use the leftover on biscuits from Popeye’s. :laughing:

16 Likes

that gravy looks amazing.

2 Likes

cucina del frigo: Kiolbassa smoked beef sausage fry-up with goose-fat fried potatoes

7 Likes

The Bayless pork tinga recipe that @catholiver posted a while back is pretty dang solid. Very homey.

Bunk picture alert:

4 Likes

I was just thinking about that ‘dish.’

“Lean pork shoulder”?

Interesting; never noticed that. How is a pork shoulder “lean”? But this is a solid recipe.

You could dissect a chunk of shoulder to separate the fat from meat, but it still wouldn’t be lean.

Yeah, I didn’t know what that meant either, so I just got a regular pork shoulder.

1 Like

Last night’s dinner was one day late for my (71st!!!) birthday celebration. Foie gras, prime tenderloin, grilled peach, avocado, toasted brioche, and sauteed mushrooms.

With the leftover foie ‘jus’ I fried eggs. So very very good.

4 Likes

Very nice!

That’s my girl.

1 Like

Happy Birthday!

I celebrate for weeks but this was the main event :slight_smile:

1 Like

my b-day was on Sat (9th)—my folks were in town for my nephew’s h.s. graduation so we got together @ my sister’s on Sat. to hang and chill by their pool. I was CRAVING a cheeseburger and corn on the cob—so that what she made in addition to shrimp skewers, veggie skewers, salmon, pilaf, salad and lots of vino. it was a nice afternoon and the family was mostly on good behavior :laughing:

happy b-day!

2 Likes

I do that as well—my celebration usually lasts a couple of months by the time I get together with all my friends n family.

3 Likes

Wow, what a feast! Lucky you and happy b’day too! Ditto re the 9th.

1 Like

When needed, it can also be a “birthday year.” Last year - the big SEVEN-OH-NO - for sure.

1 Like

yeah—my 50th was like that. :+1:

They only get better!!!

1 Like

meanwhile I made a nice salad for dinner

farmers market red kale, romaine lettuce, white yams, avocado, trader joe’s quinoa w/a dressing of cider vinegar, oil, honey, salt & pepper. bourdain would have hated it.

4 Likes