Be Happy Ice Cream

I ordered those too and the Stracciatella. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was going to order that too but we are not even supposed to have ice cream in the house. lol. the vanilla was a bribe (for the wife) so i can have some strawberry ice cream.

2 Likes

I ordered those and the caramel. I wasnā€™t actually going to order any as we still have some left from the previous order but now hubs is addictedā€¦ Iā€™m going to need and ice cream drawer nowā€¦ :woman_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

Ahaaā€¦ everybody has their reasoningā€¦ some weirder than others. I ordered the Vanilla because I have some of that wild Tamagawa ā€œTime Machineā€ Amber Sake and they suggest pouring it on top of vanilla ice cream. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oh crappeā€¦ maybe then I should try the chili crisp thing when I get our vanillaā€¦

3 Likes

Shoot! I missed it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll do that too. :smile:

1 Like

Darn near closeā€¦

8 Likes

Finally tried this for the first time today. Canā€™t wait to try some more interesting flavors in the future when available but I got the vanilla and chocolate stracciatella from this batch. Great mouthfeel (I was worried that it wouldnā€™t be as dense and creamy as I like my ice cream). I like it better than Antico from the last 6 months or so of what seems to be a decline, but it definitely doesnā€™t compare to Anticoā€™s when dining in. The stracciatella has a nice little tang. The vanilla could use a lot more vanilla. The best vanilla ice cream Iā€™ve had is still from Choctal (sadly havenā€™t been able to locate in years). Maybe one day heā€™ll go through the hassle of using vanilla bean pods?

In any case, I absolutely adore how some of these food dealers include delivery, and I love that he does the deliveries himself. He seems like the sweetest person. New fan of Be Happy, and love the ice creamship and fandom overall on this board. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

hi @TheCookie

I tried the gaviotas this weekend, mine were juicy but could be a bit sweeter, thanks.

2 Likes

My exact impression.

1 Like

Same here. But that wonā€™t stop me from buying more tomorrow.

This monthā€™s flavors are killing it :slight_smile: (though I didnā€™t order either of the vegan ones this time, so canā€™t speak to those).

Sour cream triple berry swirl at the top, imo. Didnā€™t expect the sweet cream toasted almond with strawberry prosecco sauce to make sense, but it does! The slivers of toasted almonds somehow stay crisp and not soggy, and the slight yeast-notes from the prosecco really marry well with both the almond and the strawberry. Not an everyday flavor but definitely has more of that raw ā€œoomphā€ of enjoyment than I thought Iā€™d get from that kind of, dare I say it, post-modern combination?

2 Likes

Man you have an exceptional palate. I got the toasted, crisp almonds but need to go have another bowl to see if I get the rest of that.

2 Likes

Haha, thanks, but Iā€™m not gonna lie, I only really got those notes from the bites where the sauce was heavy :stuck_out_tongue:

The rest of the time itā€™s just a vaguely fruity overtone.

1 Like

Okay, I got the vaguely fruity overtone, but I need to find the slight-yeast notes from the prosecco. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The sour cream triple berry is delicious! I have the Prosecco left to try and the mango tajĆ­n, I picked up for my kids.

3 Likes

I love the crisp toasted almonds, too! I think itā€™s a super pleasant balance of sweetened ice cream with strawberry-Prosecco swirls.

1 Like

Well, wellā€¦

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNXsS0_s1kj/?igshid=3x7pdj1wyt5b

1 Like

Darn, what did I miss?