Be Happy Ice Cream

Happie!!!

A triple scoop of the flavors we received…

Honey Vanilla Latte – I was really looking forward to this. I LOVE honey in my lattes. The guys at Handsome (RIP!) ONLY had honey to add to their lattes. Le Sigh. Sadly this one just didn’t do it for me. The coffee flavor was better. There no sense of crema or vanilla. Even for a ‘strong’ coffee flavor, it didn’t do it for me. I much perfer McConnels Turkish Coffee.

Strawberry Matcha – I was on the fence about ordering this. I’m kinda meh on strawberry ice cream and Matcha can go bad in so many different ways… I love it and can’t stand fishy Matcha flavor. I was stunned on how well balanced this was thought! the Strawberry flavor was wonderful. It had that whisper of Matcha bitterness that helped balance the sweetness. So glad I ordered this!

BLACK SESAME! – FINALLY! The whole reason I’ve been wanting to try them was all the raves here about the Black Sesame flavor. OMG!!! Black Sesame is one of my TOP dessert flavor profiles. I love it in darn near everything. Even the insta-pudding mix they sell at Mitsuwa… LOVE IT!! And this one lived up to the hype. The black sesame flavor along with the butteriness of the sesame butter. It’s why I love Tan Tan Mein. It’s why I love Hummus. It’s just perfect rich butteriness to go along with this ice cream.

BTW… this triple cone was ridiculous… even with the disappointing latte flavor. I had to pawn off the butt to a very happy P.

11 Likes

Good report @Dommy! :grin:

I must get me another pint of that strawberry matcha!

1 Like

Have you had the Black sesame at gelateria Uli? How does it compare? I really liked her version, very very strong black sesame flavor

I’m with you. That black sesame ice cream was bomb. So good.

Did you make or buy those waffle cones?

These were Joy Waffle Cones from AmazonFresh. I like these the best and the store just opened in Ladera/Westchester wheee!!!

2 Likes

I have not! I have been to Uli once and for Gelato I love lemon flavors because of its richness. Will have to give a try! I pass it all the time when I am in DTLA!

Flash call out for extras! Hit up the insta!!

2 Likes

Yep. Got some.

1 Like

Kobe Drop . :cry:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Hmm, I wonder what kind of dairy alternative they use for the vegan flavors. I really don’t like vegan ice cream that uses coconut milk/cream as a base because the coconut flavor is too overpowering. It can work with some flavors, but with others it’s just too coconutty.

1 Like

How are they getting Harry’s Berries strawberries out of season?

1 Like

they’re selling gaviotas now

1 Like

Oh didn’t know that. Are they nearly as good as the summer fruits?

i’m hearing reports they’re not quite there yet.

1 Like

So wanna’ try for that Stracciatella and their Strawberry is one of my favorite ice creams. I think they get away with the off-early-late-season strawberries because unlike Antico who uses fresh their method is more traditional with a sweetened jam. We’ll see! :strawberry::two_hearts:

4 Likes

requesting cherry.

2 Likes

These boxes don’t say gaviotas but they look red and juicy.

3 Likes

They’re up!

I asked about the vegan ingredients. “Yes they have almond milk, cacao butter and coconut cream.”

4 Likes

ordered the Singing Dog Vanilla and the Harry’s Strawberries

1 Like