Be Happy Ice Cream

I may or may not have polished off 1/3 of a pint of the peppermint cookies & cream. If that aligns with the mint chip base, then I should be mightily displeased that my mint chip was stolen from me.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s my normal serving.

5 Likes

The peppermint cookies & cream is really good - the quality of cream definitely comes through on the backnote. The chestnut pecan praline is decent but I probably wouldnā€™t go out of my way for it (though ymmv; Iā€™m not a huge fan of that particular flavor more generally). Still havenā€™t cracked open the mint mojito coffee; will probably do that tonight.

3 Likes

Funnyā€¦ I found the opposite to be true for me. The peppermint and cookies was WAY too sweet for me. I found it unbalanced especially with the strong peppermint note. It wasnā€™t mouthwash (Maybe the overly sweetness helped with that) but it wasnā€™t far off. I much perfer the cookies and cream options from Antico.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the chestnut. But I love nuts and even moreā€¦ nuts in ice cream. The flavor was just so trueā€¦ there a bunch of nut bits in it. Because of the soft flavor profile if chesnuts, you could really make out the excellent base they use.

Like others have notedā€¦ the ice cream in itself is just amazing. Not icy nor gummy. Just great texture even a few days later (Dessert is not a regular occurance here) but a real treat tonight!

8 Likes

The chestnut pecan praline is one of my favorite ice cream of all time. So good. The nuts and praline with the chestnut was perfect to me. Everything I want in ice cream. Great texture, not overly sweet, good amount of richness and I adore anything chestnut. The nuts really make it.

8 Likes

Interesting; good to know itā€™s probably just my (likely idiosyncratic) preferences :slight_smile:

I got around to trying the mint mojito coffee today. Probably my favorite out of the 3. Texture is amazing. Flavor combo definitely works - and Iā€™m a big fan of the more herbal mint flavor (presumably from using fresh mint), rather than peppermint.

3 Likes

I very much like the mint cookies and creme. I think the ice cream would have been better if they used regular Oreos instead of the mint Oreos. The mint ice cream base is so good on its own that when I get bites of the mint Oreo it clashes with the ice cream. The regular Oreo would have been more conplementary. Its still a great over cream so Iā€™m just quibbling.

1 Like

Totally agree with this! The mint cream in the Oreo was too much.

What happens when you work all day, barely manage to eat a salad that covers breakfast, lunch, and dinner, have conference calls lasting until 9PM, and only manage to turn off your computer at 10:40PM?
Egg nog ice cream to end the day. The texture of this ice cream is dreamy, and thereā€™s a perfect hit of rum and fresh nutmeg. Definitely not as boozy as Big Daveā€™s Famous Egg Nog from AOC/Hungry Cat fame, but delicious nonetheless.

10 Likes

More Ice Cream! :hearts:

I didnā€™t pull the trigger on the last drop. But! I did get this creamy yumminess from the previous one!

Blueberry Goat Cheesecake

This is my favorite, so far! I love cheesecake and this had the creamy, the tartness, the blueberry jamminess and the pieces of graham cracker crust. Just yum! :heart_eyes:

Black Sesame

I like rich, dark, black sesame desserts, purƩes, pudding, etc. and thought this would be a little too mild for my taste. Nope! It was mild but the black sesame nuttiness really shined thru their lovely creamy base and became even more concentrated in the following days. Delicious. :hearts:

Strawberry Matcha

I thought the strawberry matcha was fine. The color is gorgeous :blush: and the matcha flavor was very good, but I didnā€™t really get more than a nice strawberry aroma and only a faint strawberry flavor.

I was bummed to have missed the egg nog. :cry: Sounds like it was wonderful. I think it was made especially for you @Luluthemagnificent! :wink: Did you get any?

Looking forward to the next drop! :ice_cream:

6 Likes

No, it was already gone. I need them to do cherry vanilla.

3 Likes

New flavors posted:

Blood orange creamsicle (new)
Black sesame (OG)
Strawberry matcha (OG)
Honey vanilla latte (new)
Lychee sorbet (new, vegan)
Blueberry lavender coconut (new, vegan)

4 Likes

YAY!! So glad I checked Insta just right nowā€¦ Squeee!!! I canā€™t wait to get the Black Sesame, Stawberry Matcha and Honey Vanilla Latte. I loved how the creaminess held up in the Freezerā€¦ Next Grocery Order will include Sugar Conesā€¦ YOM.

2 Likes

I got Blood Orange Creamsicle, Black Sesame & Vanilla Honey Latte.

2 Likes

I, uh, may have gotten OOE. And two Lychee, for the dairy-sensitive in the household. :eyes:

3 Likes

Itā€™s okā€¦ I did that my first couple of times too. :wink:

1 Like

i can never get this shit in time.

1 Like

This was a good batch. Love the blood orange creamsicle and the honey vanilla latte, which is inspired by a drink at Urth Cafee lol

1 Like

So far Iā€™ve tried the Strawberry Matcha (which, contrary to @TheCookieā€™s experience, had a strawberry-dominant flavor profile; would actually have liked a bit more matcha - but still great!), the Lychee (decent, though itā€™s really for the half of my family that likes lychee), and the Blueberry Lavender Coconut (surprisingly good - Iā€™m not usually big on lavender, but it seemed my palate adjusted more or less immediately after the first taste, and everything after that was surprisingly nuanced rather than being overwhelmingly floral).

Really looking forward to trying the Honey Vanilla Latte and the Blood Orange Creamsicleā€¦ I suppose Iā€™ll have to report back on the Black Sesame too, if only for completenessā€™ sake.

3 Likes

Trade yaā€™. :slightly_smiling_face: Bummerā€¦ for me not you, lol. The strawberry is in my top 2 favorite Be Happy flavors. Maybe they were running low on strawberries when they did my batch back in November or maybe they got the not enough strawberry memo.

1 Like