Boys night out

Unless they want to spend their time waiting in line they should pick some place that does reservations. IMO

So hanjip or Oo-kook

[quote=“PorkyBelly, post:41, topic:4146”]
Kang ho dong
[/quote]There are a lot of locations. Do you mean this one on 6th?

Ahhh… Good point.

6th and Alexandria is a great old open square on the inside. We usually put our names down and have a drink at Toe Bang.

1 Like

Yes 6th and alexandria, but that picture doesn’t look like their exterior.

Oh okay. I know the square. Good idea.

Oh okay. I think I know where it is now. I also called Quarters. They said if we come in an hour it shouldn’t be that bad. I think they have a walk-up window where we can order a drink and wait.

Quarters is in the same square as kanghodong

1 Like

I’d second those two. You’re going to have to wait an hour or so for a table, but the food is great and the vibe will be fun for them, which is important for folks in their 20s. I’d do Kang and grab a drink on the patio of Quarters while waiting. It’s a fun scene in that little shitshow of a square.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

If you go to quarters buy a pound of the seasoned short rib

Pic ripped from Yelp

1 Like

I agree that Mastroes is a good choice, but not the first floor. That is like going to Dan Tanas (a better choice) and sitting in the back room. Dont.

Bob is usually spot on.

Love Charcoal, but only if they have the duck. Also, its not IMO very scene like for a boys night out.
I hear, but do not know that Scopa is quite the scene and a blast for such an evening.
Love Chi Spacca, but no bar and a bit subdued. Great food though.
Mastro’s always a good time. a good boys night choice,
Craig’s great scene, shit food IMO and I really like Craig.
Dan Tana’s - perfect. Agree that its not great Italian but it is great steaks, clams, dark meat Beckerrman, whitefish, and Kevin loves the chicken parm!

Okay so… The vegetarian decided to join us. KBBQ was out. We had to scramble to find another place open. We ended up at Tinga Tacos on La Brea (across from Sugarfish). Bad experience. The workers were either hung over or pissed to be working on the holiday. The whole street was kinda’ dead in fact. But the bright side, the guys will be back in a few weeks and you all gave me good recs. They’ll like the square!

For next time, if the 20-year olds are again in the mood for Korean BBQ then Quarters would be my top choice for a group from that demographic.

+1 yes the seasoned boneless short rib is great

The kimchi fried rice, spicy pork jowl, and octopus are also good

3 Likes

Yeah… I think so too. We had a drink at the outside bar a while back and it looked pretty cool inside.

Chi Spacca’s bar is next door.

The nachos were no good?

If those are the “Best Nachos in L.A.,” then nachos really suck now.