Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

il romanista

2 Likes

I would vote il romanista too but you may want to check whether they are open during the week.

3 Likes

oh, missed the fact you’re getting it today. il romanista is only open friday and saturday, so i guess pizza wagon wins by default.

2 Likes

Hi @Luluthemagnificent,

Just saw this. Yah if it’s today only, then it has to be Pizza Wagon. If your nephew is willing to help you one more time on Friday or Saturday, try out Il Romanista! :slight_smile: So many great flavors and if you’re still on a vegan diet, Il Romanista has some incredible vegan options (but we also enjoyed Pizza Wagon’s vegan options (they use Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheese)). Enjoy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve also reheated their pizza in a cast iron skillet on the stove top. Worked out great!

2 Likes

There vegetarian pizzas have often been as good or better than the meat toppings in my experience. Of course the real star is the crust and that doesn’t change

1 Like

Ok. I will wait and try II Romanista. I fell off the vegan wagon. :cry:

3 Likes

Concur with the others. I love pizza wagon, everyone knows that. But the fact remains you still can get a New York style pizza in a lot of places even though pizza wagon will be better than most of them.

Il Romanista though is completely unique. You aren’t going to find anything like this. so I would save up for that.

If you have another family member that delivers for Grubhub, then maybe I’d get pizza from both places :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats!

7 Likes

Anyone ever try this place?

BEST FCKN PIZZA at Santa Monica Blvd and Butler in Sawtelle.

They got ‘roni grease chalices.

http://bestfcknpizza.com/

Yelp photos

6 Likes

I wish all cups were pepperoni cups.

4 Likes

That would be my dream, too.

I’m pretty sure the holy grail was this type of chalice as well.

4 Likes

It takes for ever to blot out the grease from each cup though :slight_smile:

You monster

4 Likes

Hi @aaqjr,

That’s like @PorkyBelly ordering a Mango Passion Fruit Pie at Republique and saying, “Hold the Mango.”

Or @J_L ordering a Truffle Rice from Shunji and saying, “Hold the Truffle.”

In other words, it should never happen.

Let us never speak of this again. Those poor Pepperoni Cups! :sob: :stuck_out_tongue: :smile:

5 Likes

Mmmm 9 calories per gram

i don’t actually blot it lol! Pinky swear!! But i don’t really get the pepperoni grease fetish either. :man_shrugging:

For me it’s not about the grease… it’s about the crisp edges… it just brings the flavor of the pepperoni to another level. The grease… most of it tips out into the plate anyway…

3 Likes

Yeah… no. :slight_smile: I make sure my slices never get perpendicular to the plate, So nothing tips out onto my plate, lest I miss out on that flavorful goodness.

6 Likes

Skilz :rofl:

4 Likes

Never heard of it, and I drive by there all the time. Yelp reviews are all over place.

Appears that it might be in The Colony. Might wait for some FTC reviews bc that place seems to have a substantial crowd (and no one in the crowd I saw yesterday was wearing a mask), and I’m a bit too cheap to deliver from a place so close by…

1 Like