Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Samson is making pies at Superfine?

Latest intel there is that he’s currently looking to hire or train someone. But until then, he’s the guy. (This was as of last month, so of course take this with a grain of salt.)

1 Like

very interesting!

Ooh. I might need to do a Superfine pie tonight…

Does anyone else get pizza cravings? I don’t get cravings for other food. Only pizza. The cravings come about once a month.

3 Likes

All the time. I think we might bang as many places In DTLA tomorrow after Universal as my family will allow.
Superfine
Holbox
Tire Shop
That’s what I’m hoping for

5 Likes

Excellent choices. Maybe a little bit outta the way, but i know you are a beer lover. Sunset Beer is a great bottle shop in Echo Park. They have lots of craft brews from across the US available by the bottle.

5 Likes

Thanks they have a very nice selection. I don’t think I’ll have time but was thinking if I bring my kids iPads we could stop at Highland Park Brewery or the new Homage in Chinatown.

3 Likes

Excellent. Maybe go on a night when the Dodgers aren’t playing, as Chef Steve is a bigtime Doyers fan.

1 Like

Great lineup! If you have time and (tummy) space for burgers, For the Win is in the area and would be very complementary to your current selections.

3 Likes

Does anyone not? I even get cravings for specific pizzas that other pizzas won’t satisfy.

I do get cravings for other foods but much less often.

2 Likes

Warrior: My votes for best pizza are Gjelina and Mozza.

Pizza, hot dogs and carnitas.

3 Likes

Lol I feel like you get more cravings than that!

I personally have pizza, Chinese food, taco, cookie, liquid nacho cheese, pasta, and sushi cravings

1 Like

You are correct. But the items I mentioned are the usual suspects. Oh, I forgot bagels. EVERY Sunday I crave bagels. LOL

Wait … dim sum…and…

1 Like

Here is my 12” pep from Superfine last night. Delivered via Uber Eats.

The dough was verry flavorful.
It didnt arrive with a crisp crust but i fixed that with a skillet on the stovetop and under the broiler.
A tasty, well-balanced pie it was.

6 Likes

Headed there shortly. It seem like there is a lot of crust compared to the pics on their website and previous visits. I thought it was very much NY style but this kinda reminds me more of Mozza style.

3 Likes

That’s a massive cornicione. Was it thick?

It almost looks like they took the dough for an 18” pie and pressed it out to 12” :wink:

prime pizza lol

Did these places close? I know Bootlegg is closed.

7 Likes

Apollonia hasn’t. Special Halloween box is pretty cool!

Apparently they have a sandwich now?!?! Anyone try it? re: Superfine

The Little Coyote Italian might be my favorite in all of SoCal.