Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

It depends on the crust. For Grandma Pie, that is what I am looking for. I’m sick of slices where at the end of the end of the lunch my jaw hurts (I’m looking at your Gjusta). Also, Focaccia with toppings like they have at Eatly, is not Grandma pie. As you can see in @not_tellin’s undercarriage shot, the actual bottom of the crust also has that wonderful olive oil crispness you get from a good grandma pie.

1 Like

Is the window open?!!

1 Like

yes, la ventana esta abierta!

1 Like

the grandma pie looks very good…I’ll have to try it for myself, I guess…not tellins regular slice looks real soft so…I will give it one more chance but pizza in LA now is “off the hook” so pizzerias better bring their “A” game when they open

1 Like

gr8pimpin, I think you’ll be glad to hear that Superfine is back!

1 Like

Yeah you got fucked. And the parking situation was just salt on the wound.

I don’t think DB was so much better than the competition to make the trek down to DTLA worth it, and based specifically on your experience I only got slices from the fresh pies.

3 Likes

Whoever is tossing pizza today at Prime Burbank is a lot better than the person I got last week. :fire::fire:

16 Likes

Damn that’s sexy!

Dying for pizza now!

Nice . To me it looks very sub par . Fools gold . Sorry . Dry drive in theater pizza . This is all that’s to offer

1 Like

14 Likes

Prime Burbank is slammed. No cheese slices on deck. Best to call and order a whole pie. IMO

Also:

10 Likes

Damn that looks so good. Prime might be the best example of NYC style in LA. Look at that crust, the fold, no flop, nice char at the underboob, the cheese/sauce/pep. That wouldn’t be out of place in NYC.

3 Likes

Santa Monica Prime also slammed. All orders (including whole pies) are >30min. beyond estimated wait times.

1 Like

I was starving. Was quoted 90 minutes for a whole pie in the app and by phone So I passed.

Btw, of all the locations, IMHO, Burbank slings the best pies.

5 Likes

That makes me feel a bit better about not ordering yesterday. I told partner about the deal, and he was like, “I think we should do something healthier…” And I was like, “ARGH!!!”

3 Likes

This will be fun to debate!

2 Likes

… the blistered crust is almost mochi-levels of tender near the cornicione, just barely singed by the oven on the bottom.

Since when is that NY-style?

1 Like

I do like the crust on Bianco’s interpretation of a NY slice, though it’s puffier than canonical. The paucity of cheese is my note.

L’Industrie for reference.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeJyAqrOKVE/?hl=en

1 Like

Esco’s has been on my radar for a while

This is the first time I’ve seen them mentioned somewhere.

2 Likes

2 Likes