Daybird - Szechuan Hot Chicken

daybird

closed

1 Like

That makes sense

I haven’t been yet, but when I passed by on my way back to ktown after my Dodger shot mid-afternoon Saturday, there were maybe 4 people waiting around.

Note my comment up the thread from two weeks ago already saying there was no line.

1 Like

They open at noon for walk-up orders. You can schedule an online order for 1:00 on, so there’s no reason people should be lining up after that.

1 Like

This. :point_up_2:t4: I don’t understand why peeps are still having a problem with this concept. It’s takeout.

4 Likes
3 Likes

FYI, there was a short line at 1-1:30PM yesterday. It moved quickly, and all patrons were good about spacing.

Fantastic sandwich, and the fries and strawberry lemonade are great, too. :slight_smile: Fries don’t have the flavor of peak McDonald’s, but literally each stick is perfectly fried. Partner and I often differ about how much sweet/tart we like in our lemonade, and Daybird’s satisfied us both. Great match for the spice of the chicken. I actually didn’t mind the relatively lack of numbing (I still had a bit of numbing around my lips), and the aroma was spot-on.

The HR sando (non-delivery) is still my fav (and, TBH, rather easily so, actually), but the two are not really directly comparable, in my mind (so I think Daybird is a wonderful entry). I think it just depends on whether you want something more conventionally flavored or something that’s a great twist on a classic.

9 Likes

If you’re seriously looking for this, go to Burgers Never Say Die. Beef tallow fries cut like McD’s.

6 Likes

Or if you want to make them yourself…http://www.beneboy.com/mcmenu.pdf

2 Likes

Anyone tried the caviar version?

it’s not on the menu yet, you would have to BYOC.

Maybe the people who’ve been posting photos have been.

Had this yesterday medium spicy, maybe the best chicken sandwich I’ve ever had…better than HR

3 Likes

Agree.
DB >>>HR for several reasons:

1. thigh >>> breast
  2. DB slaw >>> HR SLAW
  3. DB sandwich-architecture >>> HR sandwich-architecture
  4. DB spicing is more “interesting”
7 Likes

Completely agree. Tried to today and it was thoroughly more enjoyable sandwich. Both are great but I’ll choose Daybird 7/10 times. Spice mix is Much more complex, flavorful, fragrant, subtle sweetness to balance the heat and of course the nice numbing sensation.

Love that you enjoy it as a tender before digging into to the bun and acidic slaw.

Walked right up to order around 12:15 today and got it in 15 min.

17 Likes

$60
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQRr7WjDNnL/

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good deal.

1 Like

Say what?

Mei Lin is / was on some kind of celebrity chef tour.