Do you mind getting dressed for dinner?

A line? At that place? Closed 15 years ago.

Nice

Post Covid I try to wear sweatpants everywhere I go. I wore jeans for the first time in a year a week ago and that was no fun.

I wear flip-flops to dinners probably 90% of the time.

1 Like

“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life, so you bought some sweatpants.” — [Karl Lagerfeld]

Flip flops are for Tiki Bars…

Lol thanks I guess I won’t take my styling advice from a guy that dresses like a vampire domanatrix.

Also Covid made everyone lose control of all their lives collectively and it’s great because now I wear sweatpants constantly.

I also wear flip flops or sandals constantly!

2 Likes

Pants are overrated. I put actual long pants and a collared shirt (!!) on to go to dinner with my lovely bride. She got home and decided she wanted to stay in for dinner, so no more pants. Yay me!!

1 Like

Only if I’m going out. It’s probably killing my feet, but shoes have never been my thing. Except work and industry events. Then the “real” shoes come out.

1 Like

My mother had the same opinion. But I’m a computer programmer and artist and have been in the entertainment field since the mid 90s. In a previous life I worked for NASA in the Midwest. I was the rebellious young punk for not wearing a tie.

The next (and likely last) time I will put on a suit and tie will probably be mom’s funeral, which will come both sooner than I’d like and not nearly soon enough.

2 Likes

Agreed I always would walk around barefoot as a child and I also hated socks, so sandals unless there’s a requirement otherwise are usually my go to!

1 Like