Home Cooking 2022

Did I mention we were gifted a lot of steaks? Well…

Cape Grim Grass-Fed Porterhouse

Did this one in the dark at our PS rental with no lights over the grill. This meat is so marbled and so forgiving it’s almost impossible to overcook. Oh and I’ve discovered that A-1 Smokey Black Pepper Sauce is really good.

Yep @thechez5, after a while the usual steak and potatoes route gets tired and u wanna switch it up…

One-Skillet Steak & Vegetables - Robbins Island Full Blood Wagyu NY Steak, Spicy Mustard Sauce, Peas, Broccolini, Roasted Garlic, Fried & Fresh Scallions

Stuffed Yukons w/Butter, Sour Cream & Chives

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/one-skillet-steak-and-spring-veg-with-spicy-mustard

Loved the meme-type demonstrations with this recipe.

Steak Skewers w/Scallion Dipping Sauce & Koshihikari Rice (Cape Grim Grass-Fed Porterhouse & Robbins Island Full Blood Wagyu Filet Mignon)

Marinade & Basting: Coconut Milk, Fish Sauce, Lime, Palm or Brown Sugar, Lemongrass or Paste, Thai Chilis, Ginger, Bit of Minced Fat Cap. Dipping Sauce: Scallion, Fish Sauce, Grapeseed Oil, Black Vinegar, Sesame Seeds

Who says you can’t get smoky char on a grill pan?

Started them on the Weber outside but it started drizzling, so I cranked up my big ass grill pan and finished them off. A little fat trimmings I skewered between each piece were sizzling & popping and flames curled up to kiss the meat. Had to open the windows and the diffusers were working overtime for two days. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Sautéed Broccolini w/Fried Garlic Chips, Shallots & TJs Chili Onion Crunch

There was wine…

Gonna need a little advice when I get to those Flintstones looking tomahawks!

Happy Eating!

18 Likes

when are you inviting me over for dinner? :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Holey moley!!!

2 Likes

Crummy plating but sea scallops

And this wonderful haricot verts, potato and more salad.

6 Likes

You’re always welcome. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, Cath!

1 Like

Those are some great-looking meals – and Triple-Allium Broccolini!

2 Likes

Haha, thanks!

Good lord…that is some gift!

1 Like

Haha… I did a major solid for a work associate. It was a thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

handmade tagliatelle with wild boar ragu and wild boar bacon
Prawns tossed in bagnetto verde sauce
handmade potato gnocchi with pesto all genovese
Salmon crudo with capers, shallots, lemon, and herbs
arancine al ragu with saffron risotto

16 Likes

Albacore With fish sauce vinaigrette, crispy shallots, peanuts, and herbs

14 Likes

So not sure if this should go into the “Cookware” category or here but I have a new toy producing great results. Last year I purchased a new grill from snsgrills.com. It’s a Weber kettle on steroids. Pics:

Recently they came up with a rotisserie for it. As Orthodox Lent has just ended I have been going crazy on meat this week. I did beef and lamb with marginal results ( the heat retention of this grill is phenomenal so the meat was slightly overcooked), but the chicken knocked it out of the park. So very good!

18 Likes

That chicken looks spectacular! Good job.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Didn’t want to waste the leftover chicken; it’s hard cooking for only two. I made chimichangas. Recipe from the late, lamented California Culinary Academy. Many of my favorite recipes come from their cookbooks.

11 Likes

Lovely tablesetting also.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s all my lovely wife’s doing.

1 Like

Is that the label Rouge pollo? I was curious how you liked it

1 Like

No that is a Jidori I picked up from the new Pavilions in the Valley. The https://joyce-farms.com/collections/all-in-stock-products/products/poulet-rouge-heritage-chicken-coquelets, are great, but the shipping is more than the chickens so I haven’t bought any lately. Used the last of what I had frozen for the daughter’s 30th birthday dinner.

1 Like