Home Cooking 2022

Bossam

Hot and sour soup

16 Likes

Some simple but very tasty meals.

Momofuku’s spicy soy noodles with ribeye and a fried egg. Topped the steak with chili crisp but forgot to take a pic then.

Rice bowl with spicy Kurobuta sausages and a fried egg. On the rice there’s Kewpie mixed with soy sauce and some msg, and also furikake & scallions.

Yeah, I’m one of those “put an egg on it” type of people. :grin:

22 Likes

Damn, your toppings are way better than ours. I need to step up our game. How did you like the Momofuku noodles?

1 Like

@js76wisco I thought they were good, but a little too bland for me to eat without any toppings. These spicy soy ones are not spicy at all. For instant noodles, I’d rather stick to my usual Indomie.

Agreed. I like the texture of the noodles but you need to add some toppings. The sauces are ok but lack some punch. I felt the same way about the Momofuku chili crunch. It wasn’t spicy at all but I just ordered the spicier version so we’ll see.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to try that spicier version. Hope you’ll report back on it. :grin:

1 Like

Pasta cacio e uova via Serious Eats.

Cheesy, rich and delicious. I didn’t have parsley and didn’t want to leave the house to get it. Used lots of black pepper instead.

11 Likes

Perhaps Aerogarden some herbs? Just started mine with basil, mint, thyme, chives, and Italian parsley.

5 Likes

Working on redesigning my herb garden outside…but the dogs keep sniffing and eating my attempts to plant.

7 Likes

My dads 80th birthday. I spent all day cooking. Penne alla vodka, lasagna, eggplant parm, garlic bread, prime rib eye caps from Costco and Nancy’s chopped salad. Dessert was chocolate peanut butter pie and macarons my friend made. Everything was delicious.

22 Likes

@js76wisco, Wow, tremendous effort!!!

1 Like

That salad is so good. I made it the other week…the family loved it.

2 Likes

We love that salad but it’s the first time we made it at home. My wife was not happy. She said “why haven’t you made this salad at home before”.

5 Likes

Wow looks delish

hi @js76wisco
all I can focus on is that bowl of garlic bread and penne :heart: great job.

6 Likes

Bien hecho…well done!

What a feast, I’m sure it made your father happy. What better way to show someone you love them than by cooking from the heart.

2 Likes

For me it’s those prime rip caps…

2 Likes

These were a huge hit. We’ve had them before but we really enjoyed them this time. Resting for an extra 5 mins helps a lot.

2 Likes

I believe it. I need to just go for it next time I see them at Costco. They always look amazing. It is my favorite piece of beef.

1 Like

Happiest - albeit belated - birthday wishes to your father!

(Also, details on that pie your friend made, if they’re inclined to share?)