Horses šŸ“ - Hollywood

There was a somewhat similar story in Chicago a few years back.

7 Likes

Pretty sure I had a reservation that night

4 Likes

Geez this whole piece was disturbing

3 Likes

Neither sideā€™s story seems entirely convincing. His seems sketchier, but if she knew heā€™d abused 14 animals over seven years, how devastated could she have been about the most recent? Cat horrors aside, WTF are a couple both working chef hours doing with three dogs?

2 Likes

I donā€™t really have the stomach to read these stories, has anyone reported if he still has an ownership stake in the restaurant?

3 Likes

Reportedly heā€™s been on paid leave for months. Iā€™m not sure who the owner(s) is / are. So far thereā€™s no report he did anything that would void his contract, just bitter personal divorce shit.

1 Like

Iā€™d read somewhere when it first broke that each of them had a 25% stake, and have not seen or heard anything to suggest this is no longer the case.

I read that the four chefs were splitting the responsibilities equally. In one of the divorce drama articles here was a reference to an owner who is not one of the chefs.

Theyā€™re all batshitā€¦ I stand with my original conclusion - Bring back Pikey!

4 Likes

Judging from the liquor license, owners are the four chefs plus one (money guy?)

More specifically, itā€™s my understanding that Aghajanian and Johnson each have 25%, with the other 50% split among three others (presumably the three listed on the ABC license, not sure if/how Ken Friedman works into this). As far as Iā€™m concerned, the fact that Aghajanian ā€œhas not been involved in the day-to-day operations of the restaurantā€ since November (per their IG post) is utterly irrelevant if he would still be getting my money.

In fairness, I guess I would be marginally less concerned about being deliberately served rotten seafood and worms.

Without seeing the contracts I wouldnā€™t guess whether they could stop giving him money. He didnā€™t quit and hasnā€™t been fired. The restaurant isnā€™t a party to the lawsuits and likely would prefer not to be.

1 Like

Bill esparza has jumped into the fray lol.I feel like this guy is having a mid life crisis every one of his stories comes off as unhinged/pining for attention and clout.

Bill Esparza (@streetgourmetla) ā€¢ Instagram photos and videos

7 Likes

Iā€™m not even sure what heā€™s trying to say, but Sqirl is catching strays for no reason.

7 Likes

hi iā€™m not saying donā€™t go to horses, but also go. itā€™s the mediaā€™s fault, but itā€™s not, especially not eater. itā€™s all your fault. sqirl toast sucks.

13 Likes

His name sounds familiar, but Iā€™m not sure that Iā€™ve read his journalism beforeā€¦was he part of Eater? Has he always been this much of a clout trout coming off like a passive-aggressive hater on a moral high horse?

Itā€™s always funny to me when someone tries to bolster his or her credentials with the ā€œIā€™ve dined at some of the most famous fine dining places on Earthā€ boast. Itā€™s also funny to me when someone tries to trash others then backtracks at the end like he or she is being respectful.

7 Likes

He writes for eater and other publications. Heā€™s pretty locally famous in the food scene around LA for documenting tacos and Mexican food. I think he used to organize tacolandia too. Imo his contributions to writing and publicizing local and less widely known Mexican/Hispanic foods are awesome, his personality maybe not so muchā€¦

8 Likes

IMO this is a valid credential, although not that thoughtfully written. Especially given that he covers pretty approachable foods. Iā€™m sure he gets a lots of haters saying ā€œwhat do you know about good food, all you do is eat tacos all day.ā€ Dining broadly (including the high end) does matter when I consider whether to trust someoneā€™s judgement on food. Our tastes may differ, but if youā€™ve dined adventurously and experienced a wide range of bad, good, and excellent executions of food youā€™re more likely to be able to make an assessment that would match what I like or uncover something worth trying. Instagram stories is not a good venue for a nuanced discussion though :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Heā€™s on Good Food often too.

1 Like