Howlin' Ray's

a soggy fried chicken sandwich at howlin ray’s is still better than a crispy sandwich at 90% of LA places.

I will wait until I pass everybody on the 2+ hour line. It’s been almost 2 years I can wait another.

5 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see what the lines are like once they reopen to the general public. There has been a pretty significant proliferation of hot chicken spots during the pandemic. Certainly the vast majority not anywhere near HR’s quality, but it’ll be interesting to see if they can regain that in-person lightening in a bottle. I’ve never waited two hours for food anywhere but there and somehow it was always an enjoyable process. Mystifying…

1 Like

When I went to Pearl River Deli in August, right around 11 when they opened, there was no line for the takeout order pickup. Seemed like we could have put in an order online and it would have been ready by the time we finished breakfast.

I’m convinced that some people enjoy standing in line. I see no other possible explanation for those popular brunch spots that aren’t significantly different in terms of food, atmosphere, or service than places without lines.

Any news on a reopening? I guess those impressive lines pre-pandemic seem more like spreader events now?

Nope, no news yet. You can order for pickup which is easier and i think they like this model so far. There’s a lot of people streaming through that area just picking up their food and eating it elsewhere or in the Plaza somewhere. But it’s not a crazy rush of people waiting around, its actually rather pleasant. (I sometimes just hang out at Endorffeine and people watch while i drink my coffee)
I think Howlin’ Ray’s has also started selling quarter chickens instead of just the sandwich and chicken tenders.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure all the smoke coming from people waiting in line would provide immunity.

3 Likes

Oh yay!

3 Likes

Yup, here they are on the Postmates menu.

12 Likes

nice, a reason to try them again

6 Likes

Great! :joy:

:rofl: Was i just blabbering right now? :rofl:

3 Likes

No I was! :joy: That’s why I deleted it!

3 Likes

But I am curious about what will happen to my to fast-passes if they don’t open back up. :thinking:

4 Likes

Barely any items with all to go… lame

9 Likes

So lame

5 Likes

I will go to my grave with that fast pass unless I can pass 50+ people in line.

10 Likes

:fist:t4:

1 Like

The fast pass was really awesome, I did it for a saturday and the line wound around the whole far east plaza. I felt so VIP lol

8 Likes

i guess they’re still gift cards so if you wanted to use them for that purpose, you can. If you do, just contact them first by email so they can arrange accordingly.

2 Likes