Howlin' Ray's

How did I miss this??? I know where I might be going this weekend. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perfect thanks

Hey, you get free bread. So there’s that.

4 Likes

Hah! I thought about that and also another complaining member who didn’t understand the reason why fried chicken comes on top of a cheap piece of white bread. Because it just does.

3 Likes

but then you don’t get the satisfaction of walking past all the hoi polloi before picking up your food.

for me that’s worth more than the gift card.

10 Likes

Hey, I resemble that comment!

8 Likes

Speaketh the truth

howlin’ ray’s peculiarly absent from an episode about chinatown gentrification? :thinking:

howlin’ ray’s threat or menace?

elephant-burazin

11 Likes

I thought that too. There also seemed to be a little shade thrown from Jack at Endorffeine. “A really busy line out the door business can bring imbalance to the neighborhood”. Hmmm…

10 Likes

Howlin’ Ray’s in Chinatown has reopened in Chinatown for takeout. No line when I went by mid-afternoon. I had just finished a big meal and wasn’t thinking about food but when I saw this I rushed over and ordered a chicken sandwich, just because.

23 Likes

Damn I miss that spot so much. The most friendly, outgoing, nice, hospitable restaurant crew in LA. Probably some of the best service I ever received. That chicken sandwich has so many imitators across Southern California, Bay Area, and even on the east coast. All of them saw the lines and saw the potential $$$ but none of them have the skill and personality like Howlin Rays. Been a supporter since their food truck days in Silver Lake!

12 Likes

start lining up y’all, I need to use up my damn fast passes.

15 Likes

It looks like the Pasadena store–after various delays–is about to open soon on the Arroyo Parkway.

1 Like

pasadena ghost kitchen is doing takeout as well. Saw it when I was grabbing some filipino food next door for lunch

3 Likes

can fast passes be used for what will be an insane line for free howlin? asking for a friend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckv54icvr2N/

4 Likes

was told it wasn’t too bad. Wrapped around the building but moved quickly, roughly 30min~

2 Likes

How are the lines now? Anyone know? Was thinking of heading over, but a friend warned that it’s not a “spur of the moment” kinda place. Both Pasadena and DTLA.

1 Like

at the chinatown location about a month ago on a weekday lunch, it was maybe 10-15 people, but seemed to move pretty brisk…

Check their instagram they usually post line updates. I think if you go at an off time on a weekday it might not actually be that bad judging from their posts.

1 Like

I texted the chinatown location after posting this, they wrote saying it was a 5-10 min wait. I just left there.

5 Likes