LA FTC'ers a/k/a "beer snobs"

Only had once but my wife enjoyed the West Coast IPAs. Disappointed with the few times I tried Bearded Tang at Rodeo 39. Very happy Windsor opened up around the corner from Bottle Logic. They carry some unique stuff on tap and they have a great selection of natural wines.

Not much done here at Monkish Anaheim lol

I think it’s safe to say now. I think Anaheim has surpassed South Bay with Monkish being added to the mix.

1 Like

I would agree. Monkish, Green Cheek, BL, Radiant, Bruery, Noble, Modern Times, etc… is hard to beat.

The word on the street is Anaheim is going to open in October which really means January to March 2022.

we’ve finally got a 2nd brewery in town here. awesome english and irish styles… husband / wife team.

https://angryferretbrewing.com/

1 Like

Which Belgian do you guys like?

Tripp Burgers will be at Monkish tomorrow 1600-2100.

my friend reporting from Bretagne… Armen is my name btw.

2 Likes

The consensus from people on the boards is that Anamoly is great. Doesn’t mean the others are not good. Why not get tasters of each and let us know? Haha. I don’t really drink Belgian because I’m a hazy and stout guy.

Tripp Burgers is great. The seltzer is excellent on a hot day and Foggy never disappoints.

@js76wisco have you been to Radiant? Heard good things from my OC friends

@JeetKuneBao i haven’t been to the brewery itself but have had a bunch of their beers. Hazy IPAs are very good, a notch below Monkish and Green Cheek. Their west coast IPAs are top notch. My wife is a very big fan and says they are amongst the best she has ever had.

Soft opening for Monkish Anaheim

1 Like

Was there last night. The brewery is gorgeous. Very different than the OG Monkish. White and black motif with exposed plumbing and lots of wood accents. They have 22 taps and were selling cans to go. No growlers for now while they work on CO2. There is a decent amount of outdoor seating with heat lamps. You can bring food in from the packing district. I’m so happy monkish is 20 mins from me vs the 45-60 in Torrance depending on traffic.

5 Likes

Nice!!!

How did I not know we have a Topa Topa close to us in old town Camarillo?? I’m there for a butcher often and somehow didn’t know they moved in. Big news

Have you been to MadeWest? Last time I was up that way I liked it a lot, their canned stuff is fine but the draft only taproom only stuff was awesome.

Yea quite good. Many around us. Poseidon is cool too but Casa Agria always wins with me

I agree, I’d say Casa Agria is absolutely in a different class than the others. But it is fun to have so many solid options up there.

Ya. I’m loving having Enegren in town. And Angry Ferret is solid

Thank goodness for Monkish Anaheim. My client took me out to lunch on Tuesday. Indian from Adya and a bunch of tasters. Fun was had by all. Anaheim has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to breweries.

6 Likes