LA FTC'ers a/k/a "beer snobs"

This weekend I’m on these Germans

Well I’m a hoppy kinda dude so for Enegren stuff I tend to like their sharper, hoppier pilsners. My wife swears by their hefe. German stuff is pretty much all they do, and I think they do them well.

Loooove Dry River! I haven’t been particularly taken with Indie’s beers, but I have friends who like them so (pre-pandemic) I went fairly often. They do have some solid food pop-ups out front.

1 Like

Has anyone tried Institution IPAs? They don’t do hazies only original west coast styles. I use to work there and love that they’re family owned. Real nice people.

I miss the days of chasing whales. Today’s scene seems so saturated and nothing really innovative coming out. Maybe it’s just my taste buds. I remember waiting 8+ hours in the rain or scorching heat for bottles like beatification, duck duck gueuze,
Churchill’s finest hour. Man those were the days haha. I would never wait that long for any food or drink now.

Never heard of Institution and we’ve been to Santa Barbara twice in the past few months. I hit up Llama Dog and don’t recall seeing any of their beers on tap.

I’m kind of done waiting on lines chasing whales too although I’ll occasionally git up Monkish and I’m a Horus convocation member. There is too much good beer all around us in SoCal that its not worth waiting in lines anymore.

2 Likes

I think we’ve been to their Camarillo location and had a good couple of pours. Was ages back.

1 Like

My wife’s family is from Camarillo and Institution has been a longtime favorite. Always a great hang and the beers rarely disappoint – Scary Dairy and White Walls are my go-tos. I would place it with Enegren in the second tier of Ventura breweries which is a fairly significant drop from Casa Agria’s lofty perch.

1 Like

I’m on a monkish trading forum. In the last 2 weeks I’ve seen trades offered for a brand new bowling ball and A5 waygu. Man 2020 has been wild.

1 Like
1 Like

Enegren has been my one and only since moving to Moorpark. But it’s really good and the beergarden / alley is super fun and cozy.

2 Likes

Enegren pils and lagers are awesome. Top notch. I like that they come in 12oz cans.

yep. i’ve been enjoying them all. my german friend was a huge fan of their Dunkel last weekend… my favorite has been their Lagertha but last night this was great.

2 Likes

6 Likes

They’re going the wrong direction!! They were supposed to open closer to my house :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Anaheim 15 mins from my house > Torrance 45 mins from my house

Anaheim is one of the best craft brew cities in the world.
Monkish
Green Cheek
Bottle Logic
Modern Times
Bruery
Many others

2 Likes

That is insanely good news

We are getting an English spot up here in Moorpark to go with our German spot. Nice to have some local options. There are a bunch more around Thousand Oaks. Enjoyed Tarantula Hill last week. Big spot

Have you been to Casa Agria in Oxnard yet? They make great beers but I’ve never been to their taproom.

Yes many times before we moved and not yet after moving

1 Like

Not to mention the new-ish Radiant - I’ve been really digging their hoppy stuff.

1 Like