LA FTC'ers a/k/a "beer snobs"

Looks can be deceiving. Just sayin’. As I said, the brewer’s wife is a trained baker. But, suit yourself.

Bad tone used lol. I will try it

Pliny the Younger being bottled for the first time starting tomorrow Friday February 7. Only available at the Windsor or Santa Rosa brewery. Max 2 per person. Lines are going to be ridiculous.

2 Likes

Wonder if they will ever increase distribution enough to where it is back to not being a PIA to drink some down here.

It’s super hard to find . I like his attitude.

This is the first year bottling Pliny the Younger now that they have more brewing capacity at the Windsor facility. I’ve noticed in SoCal a lot more places have Pliny the Elder and many places have increased max bottles per purchase to 2-4 per visit.

I think Pliny the Younger will still be a special week long February event but hopefully they increase bottles in the coming years so we can get some in SoCal.

1 Like

We were doing this stuff a decade years ago and now chasing whales and lining up in lines seems silly. PTY is impressive as hell but it’s very malty. I’m good with a fresh hopped pale these days

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m not lining up on Prez Day for 4-5 hours for 1 single pour of PTY. But if they started bottling it I might grab some. Too much good beer around especially in SoCal to wait on long lines.

But if you like standing in line go to El Segundo now. 3 Chiefs is releasing a stout at 6pm and I guarantee there are already people in line. 3 Chiefs is probably the most sought after beer right now on the secondary market. A couple of kids from Guam knocking it out of the park. Made their name on the festival circuit and have very few small batch releases during the year. The $35 bottle will be sold online for $400-$500 easy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8QZSWqpvm7/

wow i’m out of the loop… they have a brewry one might visit?

Yes they have a brewery in El Segundo attached to R6 Distillery but they have very limited hours.

Found it thanks.

Per my craft guru we are not on board with the 3 Chiefs and their artifical scarcity model of hype.

4 Likes

Perhaps they can send more kegs so each event doesn’t require a massive line as well.

1 Like

Craft beer scene getting real!

If anybody wants to order beer online without having to go to a store here are some good options for all California residents. There are some local breweries in LA/OC that deliver as well but within a much smaller radius. These 3 breweries are delivering anywhere in California.

Casa Agria (free delivery for orders over $45)
Ordered 3 different 4 packs of IPAs on Wed and they were delivered on Friday. They have a bunch of ales that people seem to like but I haven’t tried.

Russian River Brewery
You can buy Pliny online and have it delivered to your house. They have other bottles and cans for sale too. A couple of friends split a case of beer. Delivery is expensive though.

Modern Times
They are dropping a bunch of new cans and bottles every week.

1 Like

Yes there are other LA/OC breweries who are delivering locally as well. Usually like a 10 mile radius or so.
Highland Park
Unsung
Riip
Gunwhale

The other 3 I mentioned are delivering to anywhere in California. I like Fieldworks. Always make a point of getting some grub and a pint at Oxbow Market when we go to wine country.

1 Like

Fieldwork is great, too bad they aren’t shipping. I’ve made a couple Highland Park Brewery runs, but it may be time to change it up (though their anniversary West Coast IPA is excellent).

Casa Agria shipping is a great idea - did you like their IPAs? I’ve only had the sours, which I did enjoy.

Was also thinking of Mumford, who recently released some new stuff. Or maybe an Essential drive to Costa Mesa for Green Cheek (+ Taco Maria??) or Huntington for Riip is a good call too…

Green Cheek just released a golden milk stout with coffee in Nitro Cans. Sounds very naughty!

1 Like

Yes very good beers and even better when taking into account the free shipping. You can mix and match easily to get to $45. The west coast IPA was very crisp and refreshing without heavy bitterness. My wife really liked this. Out of the hazy I preferred the Oxnard. A bit more full bodied, not the juicy, dank, chewy type and also loved that it clocked in at 6% ABV. We will definitely order from them again.

Green Cheek is doing drive through pick ups at both locations. The Costa Mesa location has 4 taps dedicated to other breweries and were filling up crowlers. Not available right now but they recently had St Adarius ales and Cellarmaker on tap. Check the tap list online and you might get a nice surprise.