Mini Kabob

Agree; also, points for sending me into an unmarked hall with a key for an alleged bathroom I searched for for 10 minutes before giving up (I should have given up at the outset when he said “there’s no sign”).

1 Like

I have to give extra points to hamlet’s for using charcoal.

2 Likes

those are the “baby pork cartilage” (khrchik) and are 30 bucks now.

I finally got to try the potatoes and they weren’t good at all, maybe they were steaming in the box too long before I picked them up but they were soggy and had zero crispy.

6 Likes

how many people did that platter feed?

8, and we only finished maybe 70% of the meat (and much less of the sides). But some of the family are pretty light eaters.

6 Likes

Mini Kabob just joined Table22 and I just signed up. It’s 71.66 for the “for 2” sub. This is what we pay for most our meals out, all in with tip and drinks, so it was a quick decision for me, even if I have to reheat the items. Plus, Table22 makes it seemingly easy to pause… so I just plan to get the first month and take it from there. This will be for next month’s drop… will report back.

10 Likes

I did a MK x Hamlets bang type thing.

I found the overall meal at MK better but the thing that I want to eat again most are those baby pork cartilage. Plus the lavash there is way better and eats up all that smoke. Agree that the smokiness comes at the cost of tenderness.

I paid >$30pp at both places so they’re both not every day lunch things for me either but damn that pork was good. Sides at MK were stellar but those MK potatoes did nothing for me.

Also, BYOToum is the play for Hamlets…which you can pickup from MK. The lamb absolutely needed it imo. We also overall preferred the toum from MK vs Zankou.

14 Likes

Sad to report that Mini Kabob has decided not to go forward with the Table 22 sub. My guess is that the response was either bigger than they could comfortably handle or that thet are too busy with their core business. Eitherway, I am glad they are doing well. Going to have to plan a trip soon!

2 Likes

Phew! As I was reading the first six words I was expecting worse news than that…

13 Likes
6 Likes

Damn. :drooling_face:

They now have online ordering on the website which is helpful if you want to put in an order for the future, but you’ll save money by calling in the order.

3 Likes

it’s more expensive online?

He always cuts you a deal when you order on the phone. I’ve never paid menu prices and he seems to round down to whatever he wants depending on how much you order. I just picked up lunch and he said do whatever is easiest for you, but that he’ll always give a better deal on the phone.

8 Likes

yup, same. we always call in the order day before or morning of for evening and he always rounds down.

3 Likes

Agree that’s been my experience there as well.

They launched a catering form online today so you can have mini kabob in every gathering, because you should.

https://www.mini-kabob.com/contact-8

9 Likes

For catering you DEFINITELY want to call in the order. You’ll get a MUCH better deal that way.

4 Likes

I agree, he always round down and I’ll just round it up again and tip them more. I miss Mini Kabob already and it’s not even Wednesday yet. It’s a crime to eat mini Kabob alone and I’m a criminal who needs OOE…

The food hold up so well for a 2-3 meals :pig:

12 Likes

Chicken/beef lule and chicken cutlets :heart_eyes: