Name That Pie (or slice)!

Pie Trap Pizza

2 Likes

pie trap

Bingo

3 Likes

Damn I wish we had good pizza in the southbay.

How was it?

5 Likes

2 Likes

little dynamite?

Nope

pi la?

2 Likes

Yessir. Great squares. The love bug white pi was the highlight.

2 Likes

Best pizza of my life, by a wide margin. Not in LA – not even close. Weird black spots in image are me cutting out potentially identifying restaurant information.

Can anyone guess it?

10 Likes

starita?

4 Likes

Shut it down, folks. @PorkyBelly has somehow guessed the restaurant in mere minutes even though he confirmed to me via DM that he’s never been. Yes, it is Starita. We stopped there on our way back to Rome from Sorrento. Was deciding between Starita, Sorbillo or da Michele. Sorbillo is closed on Sunday, and I tried da Michele in LA and thought it was good but not amazing (though I’m sure the Naples branch is better). Aside from the high quality of the ingredients, what impressed me the most was that even though the pizzas have the classic Neopolitan soupy center, they still maintain their structure and don’t fall apart in a goopy mess when you pick them up (like what happened at da Michele in LA). I may or may not type more later, but the gist of it is that this pizza is an entirely different food than what you find in the US - even at the best US pizzerias. It’s practically unfair to even compare them; I’m going to be sad next time I have to eat an imitation Neapolitan pizza in the US. Everything about it is pure perfection. The Margherita was unsurprisingly the standout, but the unconventional pistachio pesto with sausage pie was perhaps as good.

If anybody needs food recommendations in Sorrento or Capri, shoot me a DM.

12 Likes

The glass plates and striped tabletop are distinctive.

1 Like

Wow. I’m all about the charred crust but I think I would have sent that back.

3 Likes

I can’t remember where that was!

Next time you’re in Naples check out pizza 3.0 Ciro Cascella! That was my fave of the major Neapolitan places. Caveat it’s a little puffier and more delicate than Sorbillo or 50 Kalo.

Also what did those pizzas cost? 10 euros each?

Dang I was gonna guess Pizza Hut Hoboken

1 Like