Pizza worth a schlep

Hey, where’ve you been

1 Like

hey! lol. a combination of working too many hours and my doc saying my blood pressure and cholesterol are too high (I think middle age is catching up to me. Maybe I’m officially “old” now). So I haven’t been eating out as much (trying to get those numbers down) and haven’t contributed here as frequently because of that.

Back on thread—I was last @ Desanos in November (must be right before the parking lot digging) on an early Saturday night and it was a really nice mix of people and great pizza as usual.

2 Likes

i’m only really a fan of Desano and Pizzana right now.

Hit everything else in town multiple times from triple beam, superfine, la morra, La Antica Michele…and they don’t do it for me…too inconsistant, bad QPR, or just doesn’t hit the spot. Prime is a total joke now IMO, I live around the corner and will only get a slice in absolute dire circumstances. I’m saying Pizzeria Mozza downhill alert also, been really unimpressed last few times i’ve gone.

1 Like

786 Degrees in Sun Valley is excellent, and worth a schelp.

1 Like

Looks great

You didn’t like Superfine? I think their pies are insanely good. Just hate the location.

2 Likes

Damn forgot about this place. So good!!

Fun fact If I remember correct: this dude invented the barbecue chicken pizza way back when.

2 Likes

Nice fact

1 Like

I believe the BBQ chicken pizza was actually created by the late and lamented Ed LaDou, who did so for the original CPK back in the mid-80’s.

5 Likes

Haha! Well, I tried… I knew it had been created

Close enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I always heard too but thought it could be a case of the person who’s famous for inventing something vs the person who really invented something.

Just a case of me regurgitating things I thought I heard over a blunt and a pizza.

As my hero SpongeBob SquarePants said, “Secretly, I’m a little bit naive.”

2 Likes

Squares at Apollonia’s!

Anyone been to Gra? Lupa Cotta?

True.

A pioneer in farm to table. Alice Waters.

1 Like

Don’t think I saw this posted anywhere else, but there’s a Lucali pop-up March 9 / March 10. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

This was perhaps my fave pizza in NYC (thought I didn’t try a large majority of places) - wonder how it’ll be with pop-up chaos, LA water, etc, and likely long lines post that Ugly Delicious episode. Sigh.

3 Likes

Andy Wang is on fire. Really nice article [Food & Wine] about our current pizza scene…

5 Likes
5 Likes

Petrillos on Valley Blvd in San Gabriel (just a few blocks north of the 10). Thin crust. They make their own sausage and pepperoni, and use good quality cheese.

2 Likes