Pizzeria Sei

and here it is. good luck getting a table.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb0juXNvsjU/

18 Likes

Good for them! Bad for us :frowning: glad I got in before the lines!

She raves about the white pie, never got to try that one anybody like it or dislike it?

5 Likes

Both funghi and bismarck are white pies. They were also really nice but my favorite is their margherita.

3 Likes

This place is white hot with all the love and accolades. Sushi Robot Sergio better grow a few more arms to crank out more pies lol.

6 Likes

I went at 7:00pm last night, and it was absolutely empty. Was shocked.

1 Like

was sergio in the house?

1 Like

Mr. and Mrs. Sergio were in the house.

Now I need to figure out Tejal’s alt on here lol.

6 Likes

If Sergio is not in the kitchen, is this place a disaster?

Idk but if he’s really a good chef he should be able to train someone to make it the way he does. Otherwise the Chef is going to burn out quick.

2 Likes

I’m reminded of Mother Dough. That place was very good, but dude insisted on making every single pizza.

Or at least that was the schtick. Not sustainable.

2 Likes

Mother Dough is still my all time favorite pizza in LA. I have such fond memories of that place. But yes, the business model was not sustainable. The owner/chef insisted on making every single pie himself. He burnt himself out. Shame.

3 Likes

Sounds like Pizzeria Bianco when it first started. I think it took a while but he was able to train others and keep up the quality. Hopefully we’ll be able to find out soon.

4 Likes

A solo operation can be sustainable. Anthony MangieriThere’s a guy in my neighborhood who’s been doing it for over ten years. Online orders only, Wednesday through Saturday, 5pm until 9pm or he runs out of dough.

Anthony Mangieri’s only open three nights a week.

https://unapizza.com/location

3 Likes

And then there’s this guy logging decades:

2 Likes

I dunno if he loves it great but at least according to the translations in the video he’s got chronic injuries, can barely hold a knife, and he didn’t think he would be working in his 70s.

Makes me appreciate the work I do/don’t have to do, ppl work really fucking hard in this world

10 Likes

I went to Una Pizza Napoletana when it was in the East Village and it really was just Anthony Mangieri making pizzas – it was sublime and I still remember it to this day, just like Proust’s madelaines. But then he closed up shop, moved to San Francisco and then returned to the Orchard Street location where I’m pretty sure he had other people in the kitchen and where I dined pre-pandemic. There was a full menu pre-pandemic at Orchard Street, not just pizza. While the pizza the Orchard street location was quite good, it did not reach the sublime heights of the East Village location. I know the restaurant closed during the pandemic and I’m not sure whether it’s now just Anthony Mangieri in the kitchen.

3 Likes

anyone know if they allow a customer to adjust the pizza toppings, like leaving off olives? or is the “chef” so invested in his pizza creations that no changes are permitted? asking for a friend…

Man, ya can’t reheat these Neapolitan style pizzas…its ridiculous…go there and eat it!

yeah, his UPN in SF was equally sublime…just Anthony making pizzas…glad I was there several times! sad day in the City by the Bay when he moved away!

They were pretty easy going when I was there. I had the white mushroom pizza with prosciutto topping as option.

2 Likes