Quarter Sheets Pizza Club

What are the details on the “taxes & fees”? That’s more than sales tax.

1 Like

I think the additional might be the Tock fee @PorkyBelly mentioned earlier

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 1.14.07 PM

4 Likes

They’re not charging sales tax on the “operating fee.”

Where is the surge pricing?

this varying service fee (10%, 20%, and now 7%) is ridiculous.

looks like they also added the “not gratuity” verbage.

5 Likes

Per that Eater article the owners weren’t really ready to open and have been playing catch-up.

Apologies that was more of a commentary on the shifting goal posts of different fees 10% to 20% to 7%

1 Like

Then wtf is the 7%? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

$2.25 is charged by Tock. I guess the 7% supposedly covers the restaurant’s costs on their side? But why should that be a percentage rather than a flat fee per order?

By that reasoning should they have a dine-in surcharge to cover the extra costs over takeout?

2 Likes

a $36 disguise for a $40 pizza.

6 Likes

Quarter Sheets is one of those places I really want to like every time I order. Unfortunately I am left with a very hollow feeling after their purely transactional service in combination with the way they add charges to the order.

Their pizza itself is very good, but I feel that their best days were in COVID when people wanted low-touch products with minimal interaction.

Unless the product is truly revolutionary or a paragon of product (Pannetone from Roy, Hayato Bento, etc…), I think people expect a bit more when paying so much.

6 Likes

You couldn’t pay me to eat there.

Delete

2 Likes

On some parts I agree with the comment, e.g. some restaurants/pizzeria tend to “celebrate” their “craft/art” way too much (and raise their prices). At the same time there are also very significant differences in quality between a pizza from a good pizzeria and something mass-produced like Baron which is mainly using salt to get any flavor in their cardboard-like pizzas with flavorless tomato sauce

6 Likes

Detroit-style pizza is more labor-intensive and takes longer to bake. Hence Apollonia charging significantly more and limiting availability compared with their regular pies.

1 Like

Delete

Neapolitan pizza cooks in a minute or 90 seconds. Detroit-style takes longer to assemble and bakes for 15 minutes. A pizzaiolo could probably turn out at least 50 Neapolitan pies in the time it would take to do ten Detroit-style.

2 Likes

You understand that the doughs and cooking procedures of different pizza styles are very different?

2 Likes

Yes

There is a significant different between making from time to time a dish/pizza and doing it on a daily basis in a commercial setting. Many people can make one restaurant-level dish at a time at home if they are really doing a “project” but the large majority will fail to do the same in a restaurant setting

1 Like