Quarter Sheets Pizza Club

Agree .

1 Like

That’s the key question after each restaurant visit

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

This thread is pissing me off. All these hidden fees. Buying a pizza should not have the same experience as buying a car.

7 Likes

Are the prices for eating in or takeout?

Takeout

There’s much more to making good Detroit-style pizza than dough. Repeating your ignorant statement doesn’t make it any less false.

1 Like

One could argue that buying a car shouldn’t be, well, like buying a car, but I agree w/ you… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I liked it. The mixed lettuce salad was exceptionally good and could have been served at Rustic Canyon or Mother Wolf. I liked the pizzas better than any other thick crust / Detroit / Sicilian pizzas I’ve tried in LA (but I would rank Pizza Rock in Las Vegas higher).

myrtle roasted pork, page mandarin marmalade, calabrian chili aioli, broccolini, opal basil

I miss dinic’s roast pork sandwiches in philly and had to try this version. although it was nothing like the original and I didn’t need the marmalade, it was still a great sandwich.

meatballs, red sauce, pecorino, garlic bread

21 Likes

Whoa I didn’t know all that was going on at QS. That sandwich. :yum: How were the meatballs? Thanks.

3 Likes

Had the meatballs on the gravy plate slice recently and thought they were pretty poor tbh. Dense, lean, was wondering if they were turkey. Pretty clearly not made with a panade.

Have they improved or am I crazy @PorkyBelly?

3 Likes

Thanks. Kinda not surprised. Usually when @PorkyBelly shows a photo and that’s it I think he didn’t like the dish. :wink:

2 Likes

hi @TheCookie
the sandwich is a weekend special and usually sellout in under an hour, so get there early.
the meatball was fine, not a must order. you’re not crazy @ShadrackToussaint
my favorite meatball is still carbone’s. thanks.

6 Likes

tavern style. review forthcoming @rlw?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrwpZ3avHoK/?hl=en

5 Likes

roast pork, suncrest peaches, jimmy nardello peppers, smoky eggplant, thai basil

this was great. flavorful, succulent, well seasoned pork, with sweet peppers and peaches that were a perfect complement. can’t wait to try the peppers on a pizza.

baked ziti, chinese eggplant, mozz, qsp ricotta, calabrian chili & pecorino

pretty good

bianca - sungold tomatoes, mozzarella, panna, pistachio pesto, pecorino & basil

the bites with sungold tomatoes that burst with flavor were great

sicilian corner - meatballs, mozz, red sauce, provolone, piquillo pepper, onion, sesame crust

very good

rainbow sherbet - passionfruit, pineapple, and raspberry sherbets, toasted milk crumb, fresh raspberry, olive oil

refreshingly tart and not too sweet

peanut butter cookie - roasted peanuts, crunchy sugar, wildflower honey, sea salt

slab cake - polenta + olive oil chiffon, sweet corn custard, pluot strawberry preserves, honey chantilly

love the sweet corn custard

19 Likes

the non pizza looks way better than the pizza to me tbh,

3 Likes

Looks like something they would be chowing on in an episode of the Sopranos!

4 Likes

a side of gabagool would be perfect! :hugs:

6 Likes

I mean really. :drooling_face:

7 Likes