Vespertine - The Gaffe of Kahn

Jordan Kahn didn’t even let anyone take photos of anything when I went there during the first month of service. How can one be a peacock when photos aren’t even allowed?!

Khan

I wonder if they’re finally carrying through with their plans to take over the old Auburn space (RIP :frowning: ) So strange when they haven’t even re-opened Vespertine for dine-in.

Completely on-brand!

can’t wait to try the life-force healing succulents.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Meteora - new place from Jordan Kahn

Love me some ethereal swells at sun fall

7 Likes

More a bespoke composition at sun~rise guy personally, but to each his own.

7 Likes

Hoping that the life-force energy has some decent socarrat on the edges…

4 Likes

This feels as if I’m about to go to the spa.

3 Likes

“Apothecary”? Does that mean weed is involved?

Didn’t Infiniti (the car company) try a thematically similar (rock, water, trees) marketing campaign back in 1990? It was an infamous and complete failure.

I don’t suspect this marketing campaign is going to go much better (although I’m sure the food itself will be fine).

1 Like

“Bespoke”, so tailored to each diner’s tastes and needs?

1 Like

Courtroom sketch of life-force healing succulents forthcoming?

10 Likes

“bespoke” “sound”, so each diner gets their own custom note played over and over throughout the meal.

10 Likes

Perhaps there’ll be a dish that play with the concept of time? Maybe a venison sous vide and comes with a headphone so you can hear the sound of the exact animal you’re about to consume…illustrating nature’s life to death cycle?

keanu-reeves-crying

11 Likes

in your headphones, you will hear the deer talking to you (translated of course) “this is my gift to you, my body my life”

10 Likes

Secret video from Jordan’s new restaurant

6 Likes

Is Vespertine ever coming back?

Peony: saw this on their instagram! Wondering if “Returning Winter” suggests anything…